Welcome to Auto Parts Forum
Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn.
This car has nothing but issues, now I have water coming in when it rains and my back seat floor is a puddle. Took my spare tire out and have water in there also. Sprayed the whole car down and can see the water coming in when I spray the roof. Looks like it may be coming from the roof rack area. Took the panels off to look and the roof/body seal may be the culprit. Also found a bulletin on this. I ordered some 3M sealer on Amazon so I'll try and replace the seal. Anyone run into this on an equinox or terrain?
By Auto News
Severe weather, unprecedented rainfall and flooding have taken their toll on car owners. Many in the affected areas have driven through high water that may have damaged their vehicles. Even if your vehicle was not flooded or completely covered in water, the non-profit Car Care Council recommends that you follow these guidelines to check for damage due to water intrusion or contamination:
Check interior carpets, upholstery and door and trim panels for dampness. If they are wet, the vehicle needs professional attention. If you simply let the carpet dry, it will quickly grow mildew and give off foul odors. Seat brackets, motors and modules should also be checked for rust and proper operation. Pull the engine oil and transmission fluid dipsticks and differential plug. If the fluid appears milky, diluted, is no longer its original color or is beige in color, then it is likely the pans contain water and the vehicle should be towed to your repair shop. Driving the vehicle with water present may damage the internal parts and require extensive overhaul or repairs. The council reminds motorists that some synthetic differential fluids may appear to be milky, but are not water contaminated. When in doubt, a professional automotive technician should make the evaluation. Check the air filter for water. If it is wet, replace the air filter and change the oil. Check the undercarriage, bumpers, radiator area and frame for mud, grass, dirt, debris and rust. If any of these are present, the vehicle should be washed and cleaned as soon as possible. Have the brake system checked by a professional automotive technician. Check the exterior lights for moisture and water. Replace headlights and bulbs that contain water. Listen for abnormal noises while the engine is running. Make a note of where the noise is coming from and take the vehicle to a professional automotive technician as soon as possible. Have the suspension joints lubricated, if necessary. Many newer vehicles are lubricated at the factory for life; however, these joints should be checked for rust. “It all comes down to how much water the vehicle took in and where it reached,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “By being car care aware and following these simple guidelines, you can help minimize the potential for damage to your vehicle.”
The Car Care Council is the source of information for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers. For the latest car care news, visit the council’s online media room at http://media.carcare.org. To order a free copy of the popular Car Care Guide, visit the council’s consumer education website at www.carcare.org.
The post How to Tell if Flood Water Has Damaged Your Vehicle appeared first on Be Car Care Aware.
View the full article
By Erica Zhu Feilong Jiangli
Automobile makes people's life more convenient and fast, and becomes an indispensable part of people's life. Automobile has played an important role in social and economic development and people's travel, but its negative impact has also aroused widespread concern, such as fuel consumption, emissions, consumption of resources, waste recycling and so on. Automobile production process will also have a certain impact on people and the environment, which is also one of the most concerned areas. Automobiles are closely related to the environment. We should actively practice green manufacturing, design, manufacturing and recycling processes all need green. Chongqing Feilong Jiangli is willing to contribute its own strength to the green earth, select raw materials that meet the requirements of environmental protection, and do a good job in waste gas recovery and treatment.
By Erica Zhu Feilong Jiangli
Milling is a cutting method that takes milling cutter rotation as main movement, workpiece or milling cutter as feed motion.
1. plane milling
In mass production, the machining of box parts is mainly using cemented carbide welded circular surface and cemented carbide machine clamped Indexable Surface for plane milling.
The main machines used in the plane milling of automobile case shell parts are vertical and horizontal lifting table milling machine, vertical single-axis and double-axis rotary table plane milling machine, combined milling machine and special milling machine.
2. milling of crankshaft journal
At present, CNC crankshaft milling machine is widely used in the rough machining of crankshaft journal and connecting rod journal using carbide milling cutter.
Milling has the characteristics of high quality and high productivity.
Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (NYSE: AAP) has acquired the DieHard brand from Transform Holdco LLC (“Transformco”), for $200 million utilizing cash on hand.
“We are excited to acquire global ownership of an iconic American brand. DieHard will help differentiate Advance, drive increased DIY customer traffic and build a unique value proposition for our Professional customers and Independent Carquest partners. DieHard has the highest brand awareness and regard of any automotive battery brand in North America and will enable Advance to build a leadership position within the critical battery category,” said Tom Greco, president and CEO, Advance Auto Parts. “DieHard stands for durability and reliability and we will strengthen and leverage the brand in other battery categories, such as marine and recreational vehicles. We also see opportunities to extend DieHard in other automotive categories. We remain committed to providing our customers with high-quality products and excellent service. The addition of DieHard to our industry leading assortment of national brands, OE parts and owned brands will enable us to differentiate Advance and drive significant long-term shareholder value.”
AmazonBasics High Mileage Motor Oil - Synthetic Blend
AmazonBasics high-mileage synthetic-blend motor oil offers an enhanced level of protection for engines over 75,000 miles. Its synthetic blend combines conventional oil with synthetic for cost efficiency with some of the benefits of a full synthetic. An important part of routine maintenance, the motor oil works well for anything from topping off levels to complete oil changes. Whether it’s a beloved older vehicle or one with an uncertain maintenance history, help protect its engine with AmazonBasics high-mileage, synthetic-blend motor oil.
When selecting parts for a car repair, it pays to know the differences between original and aftermarket parts. Whenever possible, get estimates for both.
Choosing between original and aftermarket car parts — and even used parts of either type — is all about squaring your priorities with your budget.
You’ll have different options depending on the part and the shop. And the best choice will depend on whether you’re trying to keep repairs cheap, restore your car’s appearance after a wreck or soup up your ride.
Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts match those that came with your car, and are of the same quality as its original parts. They’re also the most expensive.
The factory-recommended replacement intervals for filters can vary quite a bit depending on the year, make and model of the vehicle, as well as how it is driven. As a rule, older vehicles (those more than 15 to 20 years old) typically have more frequent service intervals than newer vehicles. Why? Because late-model vehicles require less maintenance, thanks to improvements in motor oils, transmission fluids, engine design and filter media.
Many long-life air and oil filters use synthetic fiber media or a blend of cellulose and synthetic fibers to extend filter life.
Changing the oil and filter every 3,000 miles was standard practice decades ago. But it’s no longer necessary because most multi-viscosity oils today are a synthetic blend or a full synthetic that resist viscosity breakdown and oxidation for a much longer period of time. Late-model fuel-injected engines also run much cleaner than their carbureted ancestors, which reduces oil contamination in the crankcase.
Air filters, cabin air filters, oil filters and (sometimes) fuel and transmission filters are important maintenance parts that typically are replaced according to a time and/or mileage schedule. A vehicle’s service schedule recommendations can be found in the owner’s manual or in a separate brochure. Unfortunately, many motorists never read – or totally ignore – the recommendations.
Factory service schedules are designed to prolong the life of the engine, transmission and cooling system, to reduce premature wear and breakdowns, but also to minimize maintenance costs while the vehicle is still under warranty. That’s why factory oil change recommendations have been stretched to 7,500 to 10,000 miles or more on many late-model vehicles. Most late-model cars and light trucks no longer have recommended change intervals for transmission fluid and filters, or for fuel filters. These so-called “lifetime” fluids and filters are supposed to last a long time – but they won’t last forever. Experience has shown that “lifetime” filters and fluids don’t live up to the hype.
Fuel filters always should be replaced when a fuel pump is replaced (unless the filter is part of the fuel pump module assembly). Likewise, transmission filters should be replaced if a customer is changing the fluid in their transmission.
Last Line of Defense Against Contaminants
Filters are the first line of defense against contaminants. Air filters keep dirt and abrasive particles out of the engine. A good-quality air filter will trap about 98 percent or more of the particles that can cause trouble inside an engine. As the filter media becomes saturated with dirt, it’s efficiency actually increases. But, as the filter becomes clogged with more and more dirt, it also becomes more restrictive to airflow. The greater the pressure drop across the filter, the more it hurts performance and fuel economy.
Here we have a full range of auto parts, please refer:https://ecco.com.my/
Ecco Auto Parts Trading Sdn. Bhd. caters for all your auto parts needs, for the makes of Volvo, Volkswagon, Audi and Posche. Whether it is Original Equipment (OE), OEM or aftermarket parts, Ecco Auto will be able fulfill your requirement at the best value.
By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
The most important component of the water pump is the pump shell and the inner parts of bearing and the bearing. To improve the pump, the most important thing is to optimize and improve the two parts. The following is a detailed introduction to the improvement of the two parts.
1. to improve the pump shell. When disassembly the pump to inspect the failure, there are a large number of debris seriously affect the quality of the pump and work efficiency. In this case, we can reduce the two holes used for drainage on the pump shell to one, and remove the drain holes on the upper part of the transmitter. This can greatly reduce the small particles and sundries into the pump, thus greatly reducing the interference of sundries on the pump and the other bad.
2. to improve the bearing. In the case of the failure of the bearing, we are generally sealed, the lubricating oil used by the bearing, the ball of the bearing and the bearing itself. So we should have a solution to these parts
3. to improve gasket. The traditional design is to design the sealing test as a double mouth seal, so the advantage of the design is that two ports are all frictional with the bearing, the roughness of the bearing surface is more appropriate and the wear of the lip is relatively slow; but the disadvantage is that a large amount of dust can be directly entered into the middle of the mouth and bearing, so that the plate will be used for a period of time. The interference between the bearing and the bearing decreases, thus losing the original function of the seal. There are two ways to improve it: the first is the sealing week of the bearing with double, and the sealing area is lengthened properly and the thickness of the chip mouth is thickened accordingly. The method is to change the original double mouth into the three form of the seal and seal the seal. The advantage of this structure is that the outer lip and mouth have increased the seal design, which can resist many dust. However, this method also has shortcomings, the mouth and the reverse cap friction, the surface roughness of the surface of the cover is relatively poor, it is very easy to wear and tear seal test, resulting in sealing failure.
4. to improve the lubricating oil. The bearing of the automobile pump is a more special bearing unit. Its environment is mostly temperature, humidity and dust, and the temperature of the water usually reaches about one thousand degrees, so the lubricating oil of the bearing is required. From our analysis of the fault, the lubricating oil in the bearing of the fault appears discolourable, which means that the grease in the lubricating oil is not enough, so the lubricating oil manufacturer should be required to increase the fat content of the lubricating oil so as to ensure the better protection of the bearing.
5. to Improve the contact ball of the bearing. Balls in bearing are important parts to ensure normal operation of bearings, but there are more and more damage to rolling balls. When measuring the hardness of the ball, it is found that most of the balls do not meet the required hardness requirements, which makes the bearings greatly wear at high speed and finally breaks down completely. Therefore, we should strictly supervise the production quality of the manufacturers, guarantee the hardness of the ball and pass the quality, so that the fundamental problem of bearing damage can be effectively solved.
By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
Precautions for the installation of water pump
(1) the real reason for the damage of the water pump should be clearly defined. Before the pump is replaced, it is necessary to determine whether the radiator fan, the thermostat and the antifreeze are problematic.
(2) it is possible to have a water pump with similar shapes but only for different types of engines, so the new water pump should be compared with the old pump before the water pump is installed, or the part number of the pump and the model of the engine should be checked in order to confirm whether the selected water pump is suitable for the model.
(3) When installing the water pump, it is necessary to wet the pump sealant ring with coolant first. If you need sealant, be careful not to apply too much sealant. Do not apply grease for ease of installation. This will corrode the sealing ring and cause leakage of coolant.
(4) Do not use the method of percussion pump shaft forced installation of the water pump, should check the pump installation difficulties of the real reason. If the excessive scale in the cylinder water channel leads to the difficulty of pump installation, steel wire brush or fine sand paper should be selected according to the scale situation. When tightening the pump mounting bolts, it should be gradually tightened according to the prescribed torque according to the diagonal direction. Excessive tightening can easily break the bolt or cause damage to the gasket.
(5) it should be emphasized that the belt must be adjusted strictly according to the adjustment specifications for the need to adjust the tightness of the transmission belt. If the pump is damaged in a short period of time after the replacement of the new transmission belt, the tightness of the belt should be checked after removing the cause of the pump itself, and it should be checked whether the belt will always work in the same plane.
By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
Perfect match of pump and thermostat
The engine is realized by the circulation of coolant. The component of the forced circulation of coolant is a water pump, which is driven by a crankshaft belt to promote the circulation of coolant throughout the system. Specializing in the production of water pumps for 40 years Feilongjiang Li's latest product - electric water pumps, it can accurately control the pump speed, and effectively reduce the loss of output power. The cooling of these coolants on the engine should be adjusted at any time according to the working conditions of the engine. When the engine temperature is low, the coolant circulates inside the engine itself. When the engine temperature is high, the coolant circulates between the engine and the radiator. The thermostat is used to control the coolant in different cycles. The thermostat can be regarded as a valve, its principle is to use materials that can be flexible with the temperature (paraffin or ether and so on) as a switch valve, when the water temperature is high material expansion top open valve, coolant for a large cycle, when the water temperature is low material shrinkage closed valve, coolant small cycle.
By Erica Zhu Feilong Jiangli
According to the cooling medium used, engine cooling methods can be divided into water-cooled and air-cooled.
1. Water-cooled one by one with water as the cooling medium, heat first from the machine to water, by the flow of water to heat away and then into the atmosphere. After heat dissipation, the water flows back to the hot part again. The normal working temperature of the engine can be maintained by properly adjusting the water and cooling intensity. At the same time, hot water can also be used to preheat the engine, which is convenient for starting in winter.
The structure of water-cooled cooling system: water pump, radiator, fan, thermostat, expansion tank, warm air, engine water jacket, cooling pipe.
2. the heat of air-cooled parts is directly scattered into the atmosphere.
At present, most of the cars are water-cooled.