Welcome to Auto Parts Forum
Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn.
By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
Inspection rules for rubber parts for automobiles
Test method of indentation hardness based on GBT531.1-2008 rubber pocket hardness tester
contents and requirements
Instruments and equipment: Shahr hardness tester (type A, D)
Environmental conditions: the laboratory temperature is 23 C + + 2 C, the relative humidity is 60%~70231
Test method: the specimen thickness is at least 6mm. If the thickness of the sample is less than 6 mm, it can be stacked with no more than 3 layers of smooth, parallel samples with each layer thickness not less than 2 mm. The specimen must have enough area to make the needle and specimen contact position at least 12mm from the edge.
Place the specimen on a solid plane, hold the hardness tester, press the pin at least mm from the edge of the specimen, press the pin smoothly on the specimen, and read it within 3 seconds after the full contact of the pin with the specimen.
Results: the hardness values were measured 5 times at different locations of 6mm, and the median was taken.
Feilong Jiangli will update the more inspection rules for automobile rubber parts
By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
Rubber shock absorber for automobiles
With the development of social economy, the automobile industry at home and abroad is facing a period of rapid change, which is characterized by further improving the service life of the automobile under the premise of ensuring driving safety, riding comfort, high speed and luxury. Damping products are used to control the vibration and noise of automobiles and to improve their handling stability. They are generally placed in the engine frame, rod holder, suspension shaft lining, center bearing bracket, bump limiter and torsional vibration absorber to improve the safety and comfort of automobiles. Damping products can be divided into four categories: bracket type, shaft lining type, buffer type and damping type. The main requirements of damping, heat resistance and fatigue resistance are good. Automobile shock absorber rubber products include engine bearings, suspension components, rubber springs, rubber air springs and impact rubber protective parts. In recent years, in order to improve the safety, comfort and maneuverability of automobiles, the variety and quantity of shock absorber rubber products for automobiles are increasing as the number of shock absorber rubber products on a car has reached 50-60 pieces.
By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
Basic knowledge of shock absorbing rubber products
1. Static stiffness: refers to the ratio of the change of pressure (or tensile force) to the change of displacement in a given displacement range. The static stiffness must be measured within a certain displacement range. The static stiffness values measured in different displacement ranges are different, but some families require the change curve measured in the whole displacement range.
2. Dynamic stiffness: It refers to the ratio of the change of pressure (or tensile force) to the change of displacement of damping rubber in a certain displacement range and a certain frequency.
3. dynamic magnification: the ratio of the dynamic stiffness to the static stiffness measured by the damping rubber in a certain range of displacement.
4. Loss coefficient: There is a phase difference between the deformation of rubber and the stress of rubber in the course of the force acting on damping rubber, and the stress of rubber is generally ahead of the phase angle of the deformation of rubber.
5. Torsional stiffness: refers to the ratio of torsional moment to torsional angle of damping rubber within a certain range of torsional angle.
6. Durability: It refers to the number of times of vibration when the rubber is in good condition after n times of reciprocating vibration under certain preloading load, amplitude and vibration frequency in a certain direction.Thanks for the help and support of Chongqing Feilong Jiangli Auto Parts technical department.
By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
Fatigue life prediction of rubber bushing in vehicle system
1.Response analysis of rubber bushing under random excitation The Monte Carlo method is used to simulate the random excitation spectrum.
2. The fatigue life calculation of rubber bushing under random load can calculate the maximum strain energy density of rubber bushing under different excitation by using the response characteristics of rubber bushing under engine and road excitation obtained previously. The fatigue life of rubber bushing can be calculated under different load conditions. The maximum strain energy density U = 0.5134Nmm2 and the fatigue life N = 771371 were predicted under the excitation of engine speed n = 3000r/min and class B pavement, while U = 0.6893Nmm2, N, = 146774 under the excitation of engine speed n = 3000/min and class D pavement.(Thanks for the help and support of Chongqing Feilong Jiangli Auto Parts technical department.)
3. The test verification of the front sub-frame module is expensive because of the fatigue test of the whole vehicle system. Now the former sub-frame module is the research object, and the calculation results are compared with the test results. The front sub-frame is installed in accordance with its layout in the vehicle, and the six points connected with the body on the sub-frame are restrained. Sinusoidal excitation is carried out at the midpoint of the rear beam, and the maximum frequency which can be reached under the condition of satisfying the amplitude of the force is taken as the test frequency. The amplitude of force is 2.45.2kN. Fatigue failure criteria of rubber bushing: 2mm crack (equivalent to 20% of tensile coefficient).
By Mengjuan Zhu
One of the categories of automotive rubber products is belt products.
Belt products are mainly used in automobiles to transfer torque power and speed, power from the power source engine to the need for power systems and places. It is installed in cooling fan, cooling water pump, brake compressor, booster pump, air conditioning system and steering system. The car belt is mainly V belt. Usually there are three kinds, that is, wrapped V belt, cutting V and multi wedge belt to cut W belt. Cutting V-belt has no coating on both sides, good flexibility, friction coefficient, with a large force, high linear speed, heat dissipation and fatigue resistance and energy-saving characteristics, commonly used rubber MIBR and R. Synchronous toothed joint is used for valve ignition of automotive engines. Its operating conditions are high speed, high power and high temperature.
Thanks to Abby from Feilong Jiangli providing the basic data.
Get a 5% instant manufacturer rebate with purchase of select Walker Products parts.View on RockAuto.com
Standard Motor Products is offering RockAuto customers a 10% instant rebate on select Throttle Bodies.
View on RockAuto.com
Hi, we are building an ecommerce site for a client on California. They are an established auto parts and service center and want to extend their sales base on line. The problem we are finding and is becoming a massive headache is product listings. Im looking for a solution to be able to feed wheel, ATV, UTV ,tire and lift kit products.
The site we are building in on WordPress using Woocommerce. We have talked with TIREWIRE, set up is expensive and we really only get TIRE products. Keystone is another, but they are not great at responding or even interested in helping.
Is there a service out there that brings these kinds of vendors together, and lets us either upload a CSV a few times a month, or provides API access
Any advice or help you be massively appreciated.
BBB Industries announced it has acquired the equity interests of the Remy North American rotating electric business, consisting of World Wide Automotive and Remy Mexico Holdings, more commonly known as Remy Power Products.
“Remy Power Products brings a century of OE experience to the automotive aftermarket, delivering industry-leading starter and alternator coverage for domestic and import passenger vehicles,” BBB Industries said in a news release. “Automotive service professionals value and trust the Remy brand for benchmark-quality rotating electrics, responsive support and world-class technical training.”
The transaction encompasses the entirety of Remy’s North American rotating electric business, BBB Industries noted.
“Remy’s remanufacturing expertise and market understanding along with its proven ability to provide high-quality products is a natural complement to BBB,” BBB Industries CEO Duncan Gillis said. “The Remy brand has a rich history, and I am excited about the opportunity to bring this added value to our existing and new customer relationships.”
Dave Overbeeke, CEO of Remy Holdings, added: “With continuity for our customers a key transaction priority, we are confident that BBB’s excellent aftermarket reputation and scale in rotating electrics will enhance the customers’ overall experience.”
Founded in 1987, BBB Industries produces remanufactured starters, alternators, hydraulic and air disc-brake calipers, power-steering products and turbochargers for OEM and aftermarket applications.