Welcome to Auto Parts Forum
Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn.
Hi, we are building an ecommerce site for a client on California. They are an established auto parts and service center and want to extend their sales base on line. The problem we are finding and is becoming a massive headache is product listings. Im looking for a solution to be able to feed wheel, ATV, UTV ,tire and lift kit products.
The site we are building in on WordPress using Woocommerce. We have talked with TIREWIRE, set up is expensive and we really only get TIRE products. Keystone is another, but they are not great at responding or even interested in helping.
Is there a service out there that brings these kinds of vendors together, and lets us either upload a CSV a few times a month, or provides API access
Any advice or help you be massively appreciated.
By Vitaly Oleg
Where can I download the database of car parts with weight for each part?
the answer is better to send to [email protected]
BBB Industries announced it has acquired the equity interests of the Remy North American rotating electric business, consisting of World Wide Automotive and Remy Mexico Holdings, more commonly known as Remy Power Products.
“Remy Power Products brings a century of OE experience to the automotive aftermarket, delivering industry-leading starter and alternator coverage for domestic and import passenger vehicles,” BBB Industries said in a news release. “Automotive service professionals value and trust the Remy brand for benchmark-quality rotating electrics, responsive support and world-class technical training.”
The transaction encompasses the entirety of Remy’s North American rotating electric business, BBB Industries noted.
“Remy’s remanufacturing expertise and market understanding along with its proven ability to provide high-quality products is a natural complement to BBB,” BBB Industries CEO Duncan Gillis said. “The Remy brand has a rich history, and I am excited about the opportunity to bring this added value to our existing and new customer relationships.”
Dave Overbeeke, CEO of Remy Holdings, added: “With continuity for our customers a key transaction priority, we are confident that BBB’s excellent aftermarket reputation and scale in rotating electrics will enhance the customers’ overall experience.”
Founded in 1987, BBB Industries produces remanufactured starters, alternators, hydraulic and air disc-brake calipers, power-steering products and turbochargers for OEM and aftermarket applications.
link hidden, please login to view
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. & RALEIGH, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As NASCAR Weekly Series sanctioned events begin to return at select tracks across North America, NASCAR and Advance Auto Parts (NYSE: AAP), a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider, today announced a multiyear official partnership, designating Advance as the series entitlement sponsor. As part of the agreement, Advance also becomes the “Official Auto Parts Retailer of NASCAR.”
"It's great to have Advance join us in welcoming the return of NASCAR-sanctioned grassroots racing," said Ben Kennedy, vice president, racing development, NASCAR. "Advance’s commitment to our Weekly Series will develop some of the brightest NASCAR talent across North America. Advance has a long history in racing, and we’re thrilled to see its expanded presence from the grassroots all the way through our national series.”
Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (NYSE: AAP) has acquired the DieHard brand from Transform Holdco LLC (“Transformco”), for $200 million utilizing cash on hand.
“We are excited to acquire global ownership of an iconic American brand. DieHard will help differentiate Advance, drive increased DIY customer traffic and build a unique value proposition for our Professional customers and Independent Carquest partners. DieHard has the highest brand awareness and regard of any automotive battery brand in North America and will enable Advance to build a leadership position within the critical battery category,” said Tom Greco, president and CEO, Advance Auto Parts. “DieHard stands for durability and reliability and we will strengthen and leverage the brand in other battery categories, such as marine and recreational vehicles. We also see opportunities to extend DieHard in other automotive categories. We remain committed to providing our customers with high-quality products and excellent service. The addition of DieHard to our industry leading assortment of national brands, OE parts and owned brands will enable us to differentiate Advance and drive significant long-term shareholder value.”
AmazonBasics High Mileage Motor Oil - Synthetic Blend
AmazonBasics high-mileage synthetic-blend motor oil offers an enhanced level of protection for engines over 75,000 miles. Its synthetic blend combines conventional oil with synthetic for cost efficiency with some of the benefits of a full synthetic. An important part of routine maintenance, the motor oil works well for anything from topping off levels to complete oil changes. Whether it’s a beloved older vehicle or one with an uncertain maintenance history, help protect its engine with AmazonBasics high-mileage, synthetic-blend motor oil.
When selecting parts for a car repair, it pays to know the differences between original and aftermarket parts. Whenever possible, get estimates for both.
Choosing between original and aftermarket car parts — and even used parts of either type — is all about squaring your priorities with your budget.
You’ll have different options depending on the part and the shop. And the best choice will depend on whether you’re trying to keep repairs cheap, restore your car’s appearance after a wreck or soup up your ride.
Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts match those that came with your car, and are of the same quality as its original parts. They’re also the most expensive.
The factory-recommended replacement intervals for filters can vary quite a bit depending on the year, make and model of the vehicle, as well as how it is driven. As a rule, older vehicles (those more than 15 to 20 years old) typically have more frequent service intervals than newer vehicles. Why? Because late-model vehicles require less maintenance, thanks to improvements in motor oils, transmission fluids, engine design and filter media.
Many long-life air and oil filters use synthetic fiber media or a blend of cellulose and synthetic fibers to extend filter life.
Changing the oil and filter every 3,000 miles was standard practice decades ago. But it’s no longer necessary because most multi-viscosity oils today are a synthetic blend or a full synthetic that resist viscosity breakdown and oxidation for a much longer period of time. Late-model fuel-injected engines also run much cleaner than their carbureted ancestors, which reduces oil contamination in the crankcase.
By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
Inspection rules for rubber parts for automobiles
Test method of indentation hardness based on GBT531.1-2008 rubber pocket hardness tester
contents and requirements
Instruments and equipment: Shahr hardness tester (type A, D)
Environmental conditions: the laboratory temperature is 23 C + + 2 C, the relative humidity is 60%~70231
Test method: the specimen thickness is at least 6mm. If the thickness of the sample is less than 6 mm, it can be stacked with no more than 3 layers of smooth, parallel samples with each layer thickness not less than 2 mm. The specimen must have enough area to make the needle and specimen contact position at least 12mm from the edge.
Place the specimen on a solid plane, hold the hardness tester, press the pin at least mm from the edge of the specimen, press the pin smoothly on the specimen, and read it within 3 seconds after the full contact of the pin with the specimen.
Results: the hardness values were measured 5 times at different locations of 6mm, and the median was taken.
Feilong Jiangli will update the more inspection rules for automobile rubber parts
By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
Rubber shock absorber for automobiles
With the development of social economy, the automobile industry at home and abroad is facing a period of rapid change, which is characterized by further improving the service life of the automobile under the premise of ensuring driving safety, riding comfort, high speed and luxury. Damping products are used to control the vibration and noise of automobiles and to improve their handling stability. They are generally placed in the engine frame, rod holder, suspension shaft lining, center bearing bracket, bump limiter and torsional vibration absorber to improve the safety and comfort of automobiles. Damping products can be divided into four categories: bracket type, shaft lining type, buffer type and damping type. The main requirements of damping, heat resistance and fatigue resistance are good. Automobile shock absorber rubber products include engine bearings, suspension components, rubber springs, rubber air springs and impact rubber protective parts. In recent years, in order to improve the safety, comfort and maneuverability of automobiles, the variety and quantity of shock absorber rubber products for automobiles are increasing as the number of shock absorber rubber products on a car has reached 50-60 pieces.
By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
Basic knowledge of shock absorbing rubber products
1. Static stiffness: refers to the ratio of the change of pressure (or tensile force) to the change of displacement in a given displacement range. The static stiffness must be measured within a certain displacement range. The static stiffness values measured in different displacement ranges are different, but some families require the change curve measured in the whole displacement range.
2. Dynamic stiffness: It refers to the ratio of the change of pressure (or tensile force) to the change of displacement of damping rubber in a certain displacement range and a certain frequency.
3. dynamic magnification: the ratio of the dynamic stiffness to the static stiffness measured by the damping rubber in a certain range of displacement.
4. Loss coefficient: There is a phase difference between the deformation of rubber and the stress of rubber in the course of the force acting on damping rubber, and the stress of rubber is generally ahead of the phase angle of the deformation of rubber.
5. Torsional stiffness: refers to the ratio of torsional moment to torsional angle of damping rubber within a certain range of torsional angle.
6. Durability: It refers to the number of times of vibration when the rubber is in good condition after n times of reciprocating vibration under certain preloading load, amplitude and vibration frequency in a certain direction.Thanks for the help and support of Chongqing Feilong Jiangli Auto Parts technical department.
By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
Fatigue life prediction of rubber bushing in vehicle system
1.Response analysis of rubber bushing under random excitation The Monte Carlo method is used to simulate the random excitation spectrum.
2. The fatigue life calculation of rubber bushing under random load can calculate the maximum strain energy density of rubber bushing under different excitation by using the response characteristics of rubber bushing under engine and road excitation obtained previously. The fatigue life of rubber bushing can be calculated under different load conditions. The maximum strain energy density U = 0.5134Nmm2 and the fatigue life N = 771371 were predicted under the excitation of engine speed n = 3000r/min and class B pavement, while U = 0.6893Nmm2, N, = 146774 under the excitation of engine speed n = 3000/min and class D pavement.(Thanks for the help and support of Chongqing Feilong Jiangli Auto Parts technical department.)
3. The test verification of the front sub-frame module is expensive because of the fatigue test of the whole vehicle system. Now the former sub-frame module is the research object, and the calculation results are compared with the test results. The front sub-frame is installed in accordance with its layout in the vehicle, and the six points connected with the body on the sub-frame are restrained. Sinusoidal excitation is carried out at the midpoint of the rear beam, and the maximum frequency which can be reached under the condition of satisfying the amplitude of the force is taken as the test frequency. The amplitude of force is 2.45.2kN. Fatigue failure criteria of rubber bushing: 2mm crack (equivalent to 20% of tensile coefficient).