Welcome to Auto Parts Forum
Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn.
AmazonBasics High Mileage Motor Oil - Synthetic Blend
AmazonBasics high-mileage synthetic-blend motor oil offers an enhanced level of protection for engines over 75,000 miles. Its synthetic blend combines conventional oil with synthetic for cost efficiency with some of the benefits of a full synthetic. An important part of routine maintenance, the motor oil works well for anything from topping off levels to complete oil changes. Whether it’s a beloved older vehicle or one with an uncertain maintenance history, help protect its engine with AmazonBasics high-mileage, synthetic-blend motor oil.
API SN and ILSAC GF-5 approved, AmazonBasics high-mileage motor oil offers exceptional quality and convenience.
Note: Always follow vehicle manual recommendations.
AmazonBasics high-mileage motor oil creates a protective coating that helps reduce wear on engine components. By minimizing friction from in-contact moving engine parts (which wastes otherwise useful power), the motor oil helps enhance fuel economy and promotes better power output and performance.
The high-mileage motor oil helps keep the engine clean by minimizing unwanted build-up that can cause damaging rust and corrosion. The motor oil offers a resistance to viscosity and thermal breakdown, plus it helps fight volatility burn-off, which can reduce engine deposits and exhaust emissions.
Available Viscosity Grades
The motor oil’s grade, as established by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), reflects its viscosity characteristics. The first number(s)—5W and 10W—indicate cold-temperature performance (W for winter), while the end numbers—20, 30, and 40—indicate high-temperature performance (at 100 degrees C).
Depending on driving conditions and needs, choose from the following AmazonBasics high-mileage synthetic-blend motor oil grades (shown in chart below; each sold separately):
This car has nothing but issues, now I have water coming in when it rains and my back seat floor is a puddle. Took my spare tire out and have water in there also. Sprayed the whole car down and can see the water coming in when I spray the roof. Looks like it may be coming from the roof rack area. Took the panels off to look and the roof/body seal may be the culprit. Also found a bulletin on this. I ordered some 3M sealer on Amazon so I'll try and replace the seal. Anyone run into this on an equinox or terrain?
By Auto News
Severe weather, unprecedented rainfall and flooding have taken their toll on car owners. Many in the affected areas have driven through high water that may have damaged their vehicles. Even if your vehicle was not flooded or completely covered in water, the non-profit Car Care Council recommends that you follow these guidelines to check for damage due to water intrusion or contamination:
Check interior carpets, upholstery and door and trim panels for dampness. If they are wet, the vehicle needs professional attention. If you simply let the carpet dry, it will quickly grow mildew and give off foul odors. Seat brackets, motors and modules should also be checked for rust and proper operation. Pull the engine oil and transmission fluid dipsticks and differential plug. If the fluid appears milky, diluted, is no longer its original color or is beige in color, then it is likely the pans contain water and the vehicle should be towed to your repair shop. Driving the vehicle with water present may damage the internal parts and require extensive overhaul or repairs. The council reminds motorists that some synthetic differential fluids may appear to be milky, but are not water contaminated. When in doubt, a professional automotive technician should make the evaluation. Check the air filter for water. If it is wet, replace the air filter and change the oil. Check the undercarriage, bumpers, radiator area and frame for mud, grass, dirt, debris and rust. If any of these are present, the vehicle should be washed and cleaned as soon as possible. Have the brake system checked by a professional automotive technician. Check the exterior lights for moisture and water. Replace headlights and bulbs that contain water. Listen for abnormal noises while the engine is running. Make a note of where the noise is coming from and take the vehicle to a professional automotive technician as soon as possible. Have the suspension joints lubricated, if necessary. Many newer vehicles are lubricated at the factory for life; however, these joints should be checked for rust. “It all comes down to how much water the vehicle took in and where it reached,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “By being car care aware and following these simple guidelines, you can help minimize the potential for damage to your vehicle.”
The Car Care Council is the source of information for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers. For the latest car care news, visit the council’s online media room at http://media.carcare.org. To order a free copy of the popular Car Care Guide, visit the council’s consumer education website at www.carcare.org.
The post How to Tell if Flood Water Has Damaged Your Vehicle appeared first on Be Car Care Aware.
View the full article
So this is pretty interesting and seems that after Tesla grew, the electric car movement is starting to take greater shape.
A few interesting articles on Volvo's announcement this week.
By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
The most important component of the water pump is the pump shell and the inner parts of bearing and the bearing. To improve the pump, the most important thing is to optimize and improve the two parts. The following is a detailed introduction to the improvement of the two parts.
1. to improve the pump shell. When disassembly the pump to inspect the failure, there are a large number of debris seriously affect the quality of the pump and work efficiency. In this case, we can reduce the two holes used for drainage on the pump shell to one, and remove the drain holes on the upper part of the transmitter. This can greatly reduce the small particles and sundries into the pump, thus greatly reducing the interference of sundries on the pump and the other bad.
2. to improve the bearing. In the case of the failure of the bearing, we are generally sealed, the lubricating oil used by the bearing, the ball of the bearing and the bearing itself. So we should have a solution to these parts
3. to improve gasket. The traditional design is to design the sealing test as a double mouth seal, so the advantage of the design is that two ports are all frictional with the bearing, the roughness of the bearing surface is more appropriate and the wear of the lip is relatively slow; but the disadvantage is that a large amount of dust can be directly entered into the middle of the mouth and bearing, so that the plate will be used for a period of time. The interference between the bearing and the bearing decreases, thus losing the original function of the seal. There are two ways to improve it: the first is the sealing week of the bearing with double, and the sealing area is lengthened properly and the thickness of the chip mouth is thickened accordingly. The method is to change the original double mouth into the three form of the seal and seal the seal. The advantage of this structure is that the outer lip and mouth have increased the seal design, which can resist many dust. However, this method also has shortcomings, the mouth and the reverse cap friction, the surface roughness of the surface of the cover is relatively poor, it is very easy to wear and tear seal test, resulting in sealing failure.
4. to improve the lubricating oil. The bearing of the automobile pump is a more special bearing unit. Its environment is mostly temperature, humidity and dust, and the temperature of the water usually reaches about one thousand degrees, so the lubricating oil of the bearing is required. From our analysis of the fault, the lubricating oil in the bearing of the fault appears discolourable, which means that the grease in the lubricating oil is not enough, so the lubricating oil manufacturer should be required to increase the fat content of the lubricating oil so as to ensure the better protection of the bearing.
5. to Improve the contact ball of the bearing. Balls in bearing are important parts to ensure normal operation of bearings, but there are more and more damage to rolling balls. When measuring the hardness of the ball, it is found that most of the balls do not meet the required hardness requirements, which makes the bearings greatly wear at high speed and finally breaks down completely. Therefore, we should strictly supervise the production quality of the manufacturers, guarantee the hardness of the ball and pass the quality, so that the fundamental problem of bearing damage can be effectively solved.