Quantcast
  • Welcome to Auto Parts Forum

Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn. 

chevyguy

Cell Phone Car Mounts - What do you use?

Starting this topic because I'd like to see what everyone is using. I'm currently using 

link hidden, please login to view
which I picked up from Amazon and it works pretty good. I previously had a 
Holder from Amazon that did not hold up well and I had to return it. They sent me a new one though because I had issues with it and refunded me. Both were under $10.

I'm also looking at these magnetic holder which seem very nice, specifically

What is everyone using?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By 王军政
      2019 upgraded dual 360-degree rotating car phone holder for more scenes, such as in-car, home, school, office, kitchen and more.

For details, please click: 
    • By Wendy P
      I own a 2007 Toyota Yaris and the instrument panel is in the center. I have tried all types of cell phone holders but have run into problems with each one. If I use the type that grabs onto the vent, my phone gets hot or cold depending on the air coming through the vent and it blocks the hot or cool air from getting to me. I've tried another one that slips into the CD player slot, but it seems unstable. I've attached a photo of what my dashboard looks like. The windshield puts the phone too far away because of the outward slant of the glass. I can't use the area to the left of the steering wheel because that's where the built in cup holder is located. Any suggestions?

• By Teddy
      New article out today: 
      link hidden, please login to view AutoZone’s stock price is pointed in the opposite direction it’s been accustomed to for years now. Shares of the Memphis-based auto parts retailer are down more than 30 percent since the end of January. Needless to say, that’s an unusual place for the company, which continues to open new stores at a steady clip.
      What’s more, negative headlines have begun to circle the once high-flying auto parts giant, which until the first quarter had enjoyed double-digit earnings per share growth every quarter, uninterrupted, for a little more than 10 years.
      It’s not just AutoZone, though. Its closest competitors are reporting similar challenges at the moment, which may make it even harder for AutoZone to shake its current slump.
      The Memphis company is currently listed at Rank #5 by Zacks Equity Research, which is the firm’s “strong sell” recommendation for stocks.
      Dan Wewer, an analyst who covers AutoZone and other auto parts retailers for Raymond James, wrote in a research note a few days ago that he’s lowering his revenue and earnings per share outlook for the entire auto parts sector.
      As The Street put it in a headline just a few days ago, “AutoZone is Running Out of Gas as Auto Parts Retailers Misfire.”
      During the company’s most recent earnings presentation to analysts, AutoZone chairman, president and CEO Bill Rhodes seemed to make the case that the heady days of strong growth are behind the company – for now.
      “Until our second quarter, we had consistently delivered exceptional performance marked by 41 consecutive quarters of double-digit earnings per share growth,” he said. “However, there are certain factors present today that have made it more difficult to achieve similar earnings per share growth.”
      Among them is that AutoZone isn’t exactly hunkering down to ride things out. The company has chosen to accelerate its investment back into the business, which Rhodes said includes investing at an increased rate in store inventory and capital expenditures, the latter reflected in two new domestic distribution centers under construction.
      The company also opened a second distribution center in Mexico in the fall, and it is increasing the frequency of deliveries to its stores from once to several times a week.
      In truth, a perfect storm of outside factors are also revving up to make this year a nettlesome one for a company long used to steady, predictable growth.
      First is the expansion of competition, over everything from price to parts availability, with auto stores presumably working to assemble similar assortments of products. AutoZone, Advanced Auto Parts and O’Reilly Auto Parts all boast more than 5,000 stores each in the U.S. Pep Boys has 942 across the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
      With more than 15,000 stores between them across the U.S., that might make it hard to grow same-store sales, a key retail industry metric, to say the least.
      In May, AutoZone reported earnings of $11.44 per share, 51 cents below Wall Street estimates. Domestic same-store sales were down almost 1 percent.
      “The ongoing weakness in same-store sales means AutoZone and O’Reilly will have less operating leverage, because all those stores are carrying a lot of fixed costs,” The Street noted.
      All this said, one thing that hasn’t changed is AutoZone’s philosophy, that its leadership repeats often during presentations: It is not focused on the day-to-day but setting a course for the long term.
      “Our management team has been in this business for a long time, and over time we’ve been through many different cycles,” Rhodes said. “Sometimes we had tailwinds and we benefited from those, and other times we had headwinds and we have fought against them. Ultimately, we will continue to manage this business for the long term to provide great service for our customers and great opportunities for AutoZone’s owners, ultimately delivering strong shareholder value.”

• Our picks

• Advance Auto Parts To Sponsor NASCAR Weekly Series In Multiyear Agreement
      DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. & RALEIGH, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As NASCAR Weekly Series sanctioned events begin to return at select tracks across North America, NASCAR and Advance Auto Parts (NYSE: AAP), a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider, today announced a multiyear official partnership, designating Advance as the series entitlement sponsor. As part of the agreement, Advance also becomes the “Official Auto Parts Retailer of NASCAR.”

"It's great to have Advance join us in welcoming the return of NASCAR-sanctioned grassroots racing," said Ben Kennedy, vice president, racing development, NASCAR. "Advance’s commitment to our Weekly Series will develop some of the brightest NASCAR talent across North America. Advance has a long history in racing, and we’re thrilled to see its expanded presence from the grassroots all the way through our national series.”
      • 0 replies
    • Advance Auto Parts Announces Purchase of the DieHard Brand from Transformco
      Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (NYSE: AAP) has acquired the DieHard brand from Transform Holdco LLC (“Transformco”), for $200 million utilizing cash on hand.

“We are excited to acquire global ownership of an iconic American brand. DieHard will help differentiate Advance, drive increased DIY customer traffic and build a unique value proposition for our Professional customers and Independent Carquest partners. DieHard has the highest brand awareness and regard of any automotive battery brand in North America and will enable Advance to build a leadership position within the critical battery category,” said Tom Greco, president and CEO, Advance Auto Parts. “DieHard stands for durability and reliability and we will strengthen and leverage the brand in other battery categories, such as marine and recreational vehicles. We also see opportunities to extend DieHard in other automotive categories. We remain committed to providing our customers with high-quality products and excellent service. The addition of DieHard to our industry leading assortment of national brands, OE parts and owned brands will enable us to differentiate Advance and drive significant long-term shareholder value.”
      • 0 replies
    • AmazonBasics 6-Pack High Mileage Motor Oil - Synthetic Blend
      AmazonBasics High Mileage Motor Oil - Synthetic Blend

AmazonBasics high-mileage synthetic-blend motor oil offers an enhanced level of protection for engines over 75,000 miles. Its synthetic blend combines conventional oil with synthetic for cost efficiency with some of the benefits of a full synthetic. An important part of routine maintenance, the motor oil works well for anything from topping off levels to complete oil changes. Whether it’s a beloved older vehicle or one with an uncertain maintenance history, help protect its engine with AmazonBasics high-mileage, synthetic-blend motor oil.
      • 3 replies
    • OEM vs. Aftermarket Parts for Your Car: How to Choose
      When selecting parts for a car repair, it pays to know the differences between original and aftermarket parts. Whenever possible, get estimates for both.

Choosing between original and aftermarket car parts — and even used parts of either type — is all about squaring your priorities with your budget.

You’ll have different options depending on the part and the shop. And the best choice will depend on whether you’re trying to keep repairs cheap, restore your car’s appearance after a wreck or soup up your ride.

Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts match those that came with your car, and are of the same quality as its original parts. They’re also the most expensive.
      • 1 reply
    • Replacement Intervals For Oil And Air Filters In Today’s Vehicles
      The factory-recommended replacement intervals for filters can vary quite a bit depending on the year, make and model of the vehicle, as well as how it is driven. As a rule, older vehicles (those more than 15 to 20 years old) typically have more frequent service intervals than newer vehicles. Why? Because late-model vehicles require less maintenance, thanks to improvements in motor oils, transmission fluids, engine design and filter media.

Many long-life air and oil filters use synthetic fiber media or a blend of cellulose and synthetic fibers to extend filter life.

Changing the oil and filter every 3,000 miles was standard practice decades ago. But it’s no longer necessary because most multi-viscosity oils today are a synthetic blend or a full synthetic that resist viscosity breakdown and oxidation for a much longer period of time. Late-model fuel-injected engines also run much cleaner than their carbureted ancestors, which reduces oil contamination in the crankcase.
      • 0 replies
  • Similar Content

• By mbofsmithtown
      At Mercedes-Benz of Smithtown, we have more than 50 years of experience in serving luxury car lovers in the region. We offer an expansive inventory of new, pre-owned, and certied pre-owned Mercedes-Benz sedans, SUVs, crossovers, and commercial vans. Quality car servicing, car parts, auto financing, and special Mercedes-Benz deals are all available. Being a proud member of the Competition Automotive Group, our dealership strives to offer 100% customer satisfaction and exceed your expectations. Come down to our dealership today and discover the luxury world of Mercedes-Benz!

• By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
      According to foreign media reports, sales of light vehicles in the United States last year (2018) were not only higher than those in 2017, but also exceeded analysts' expectations, with a total of 17.3 million vehicles sold. However, analysts and industry observers again said that due to a variety of economic factors, the U.S. light vehicle market will show a downward trend in 2019, but the decline is relatively small.
      Many analysts expect U.S. light vehicle sales to range from 16.5 million to 17 million in 2019. J.D. Power expects between 16.9 million and 17 million vehicles, with retail sales of light vehicles between 13.6 million and 13.7 million.
      As in 2018, the relative strength of the U.S. economy masked concerns about new car prices and rising interest rates. But in addition to these, there will be other problems in 2019, such as the impact of tariff and tax reform.
      As a auto parts supplier, Chongqing Feilong Jiangli will keep up-to-date information on new information and new energy industries.
    • By Hamzah Tee
      I have purchased a glass roof from my Honda crx and am unable to find a panel to get the glass fitted.  
    • By Oleg
      Hi, I am having trouble finding this part for my outlander sport. Its a plastic piece from under the hood. There is a left and right piece. The right piece I have, and left piece needs replacement. 
      The text I have from the right piece: 3X45 5220D946 GARNISH FENDER INR RH >PP-TD10<

IMG_0981.HEIC
      IMG_0982.HEIC
      IMG_0983.HEIC
      IMG_0984.HEIC

• By Johnny Cokley
      When it comes to car batteries, there is hardly any doubt that the best car batteries are really very expensive. However, thanks to the advent of modern technology, the cost factor has significantly gone down. Here, we shall talk about how these devices affect you and what to do if your car's battery acts up. Want to know more information about Car Batteries Please visit my website 

Copyright © 2020 AutoPartsForum Powered by Invision Community