Quantcast
  • Welcome to Auto Parts Forum

Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn. 

Economic factors may lead to a decline in new car sales in the United States in 2019

According to foreign media reports, sales of light vehicles in the United States last year (2018) were not only higher than those in 2017, but also exceeded analysts' expectations, with a total of 17.3 million vehicles sold. However, analysts and industry observers again said that due to a variety of economic factors, the U.S. light vehicle market will show a downward trend in 2019, but the decline is relatively small.

Many analysts expect U.S. light vehicle sales to range from 16.5 million to 17 million in 2019. J.D. Power expects between 16.9 million and 17 million vehicles, with retail sales of light vehicles between 13.6 million and 13.7 million.

As in 2018, the relative strength of the U.S. economy masked concerns about new car prices and rising interest rates. But in addition to these, there will be other problems in 2019, such as the impact of tariff and tax reform.

As a auto parts supplier, Chongqing Feilong Jiangli will keep up-to-date information on new information and new energy industries.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Similar Topics

• By AutoZone
      MEMPHIS, Tenn. , Dec. 06, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AutoZone, Inc. (NYSE: AZO) today reported net sales of $4.0 billion for its first quarter (12 weeks) ended November 19, 2022 , an increase of 8.6% from the first quarter of fiscal 2022 (12 weeks). Domestic same store sales, or sales for stores open
      link hidden, please login to view
    • By Counterman
      NRS Brakes has added 18 new part numbers to its lineup of galvanized premium brake pads.
      The brake pads cover 11.7 million vehicles, spanning 2003-2022 Ford, Jeep, Nissan, Infiniti, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia and Audi models. Coverage includes the 2019-2022 Genesis G70, 2018-2022 Kia Stinger and 2021-2022 Ford F-150.
      The brake kits also include abutment hardware and caliper piston cushions.
      Canadian-made premium galvanized brake pads from NRS Brakes have a technology that you can see. Galvanized steel incorporates PACE-award-winning, patented NRS friction-attachment technology.
      “The result is the world’s quietest, safest and longest-lasting brake pads,” according to the company. “Galvanized steel that outlasts the friction, ensuring it won’t fail as a result of corrosion-material delamination from the backing plate, giving you a license to feel SAFE!”
      The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
    • By Counterman
      Counterman’s “
      link hidden, please login to view” contest challenges our readers to solve an automotive riddle, for a chance to win $100. And each month, we receive hundreds of responses from aftermarket professionals trying to guess the model of the vehicle depicted. The correct answer for the October/November contest is the AMC Javelin. The winner is George Widmer IV, an ASE P2-certified parts pro at Parts Authority in Norcross, Georgia.
      Now, let’s get to know the “Guess the Car” champion.
      CM: How long have you been working in the auto parts business?
      GW: Since 2001. I started off as a stock clerk my junior year of high school and I worked my way up from there.
      CM: What do you like most about your job?
      GW: The interaction with customers. Building a relationship with our regular customers and dealing with the general public.
      CM: What’s the strangest question a customer has asked you?
      GW: I had a customer asking for the Firebird emblem for a ‘77 Trans Am. He was restoring it, and [the emblem] was old and it was peeling off. He just happened to call us up. I told him we didn’t have anything like that here, but I’ll see if I can get one. I outsourced one and got it for him. He’s been a customer ever since for the last three years.
      CM: What’s the coolest car you’ve ever owned or worked on?
      GW: My dad was a technician for a Pontiac dealer for 30 years. I would say the coolest car I’ve ever owned was my first vehicle, which was a 1986 Chevy S-10 pickup that we customized. We lowered it, painted it, put 18-inch wheels on it, added a custom stereo, and it was all done by me and him. It was a father-son bonding kind of thing that was really special.
      CM: Do you have any interesting hobbies? What do you do for fun?
      GW: I’m a big video gamer, and I collect model cars and model trains. I’m a devoted fan of NHRA; I’ve been to eight different tracks and I’m looking forward to attending a ninth track in 2023. I’m also a world history and football/soccer reader.
      CM: What’s your dream car?
      GW: We’ll go with my top two. The first one would be a 1971 Pontiac Trans Am in cameo white. The second one would be a 1956 Porsche Speedster in polyantha red; that’s an extremely rare color. The Pontiac was because my dad worked at a Pontiac dealership, and I’ve always had an interest in air-cooled Porches and Volkswagens.
      The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
    • By Counterman
      Advance Auto Parts reported third-quarter net sales of $2.6 billion, a 0.8% increase over third-quarter 2021.
      Comparable-store sales decreased 0.7%, which Advance attributed to “increased owned-brand penetration, which has a lower price point than national brands.”
      “I want to thank the entire family of Advance team members as well as our growing network of independent partners for their continued dedication,” Tom Greco, president and CEO, said in a news release. “We continue to execute our strategy to drive full year net sales growth and adjusted operating income margin expansion while returning excess cash to shareholders.”
      Greco noted that Advance’s “deliberate move to increase owned-brand penetration, which carries a lower price point, reduced net sales by approximately 80 basis points and comp sales by approximately 90 basis points. We also continued to invest in our business while returning approximately $860 million in cash to our shareholders through the first three quarters of 2022.”
      The company reiterated its full-year guidance of net sales between $11 billion and $11.2 billion.
      “While we continue to execute against our long-term strategic plan, we’re not satisfied with our relative topline performance versus the industry this year and are taking measured, deliberate actions to accelerate growth,” Greco said.
      The post

• DIY like a pro! Shop from over 1,000,000 Repair Manuals at eManualOnline.com! As low as $14.99 per manual. Shop now.

DIY like a pro! Shop from over 1,000,000 Repair Manuals at eManualOnline.com! As low as $14.99 per manual. Shop now.

DIY like a pro! Shop from over 1,000,000 Repair Manuals at eManualOnline.com! As low as $14.99 per manual. Shop now.

• By Counterman
      The Aftermarket Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA), a community of the Auto Care Association, has announced the addition of its newest officers and governors immediately following the conclusion of AAPEX 2022 in Las Vegas.
      Effective Nov. 4, the new AWDA chair is Ashlee Arnold, vice president at Arnold Oil Company of Austin, Texas. Arnold succeeds Ryan Samuels of Samuels Inc., who successfully led the association the previous two years and remains on the board as immediate past chair.
      Including Arnold, AWDA’s new officers are:
      Chair – Ashlee Arnold, Arnold Oil Company of Austin Vice chair – Dan Hanson Jr., Hanson Distributing Company Secretary – Chase Baxley, The Parts House (Florida) “In its 75 years, AWDA has had the benefit of strong leadership to guide this proud organization through good and not so good times,” said Ted Hughes, executive director of the AWDA. “These leaders represent the next generation of leadership for this great organization, and I am proud to work with them.”
      AWDA’s new governors-at-large are:
      Ryan Bickle, Warehouse Inc. / S&W Supply Joshua Futerman, Hahn Automotive Warehouse Inc. Mike Harris, FleetPride Lanny Martindale, 4M Parts Warehouse Shawn Senior, Eastern Warehouse Distributors Inc. “AWDA’s nominating committee insists that, if asked, any incoming governor must be qualified to serve as chairman,” said Hughes. “The result of this long-standing tradition is a consistent supply of high-quality board members who are interested, engaged and committed to traditional distribution, the aftermarket and their association.”
      In the coming year, the AWDA board will support and represent traditional distribution within the Auto Care Association and the aftermarket industry at large. AWDA also will continue its long tradition of supporting industry education through significant donations to the University of the Aftermarket Foundation.
      AWDA represents the top distributors and manufacturers of motor vehicle parts nationwide. The 75-year-old organization is a key segment of the Auto Care Association.
      Learn more about AWDA at
      link hidden, please login to view or contact Ted Hughes, executive director, AWDA, at [email protected] The post