Welcome to Auto Parts Forum
Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn.
ADVICS is rolling out a new packaging design for its products beginning in May.
The rebranding push for the ADVICS product line follows the branding changes announced by AISIN Group during the third quarter of 2021.
“ADVICS’ customers have come to know and trust the quality engineering, precision manufacturing and customer satisfaction that goes into all of our products,” said Fumiko Higa-Bales, branding and supply chain manager, ADVICS Aftermarket North America. “The new packaging design is bold and really stands out amongst the competition, just like our brand and its dedication to quality, performance and our customers’ safety. ”
ADVICS said it will gradually roll out the new packaging and branding as old inventory is phased out.
“Products under the old brand, logo and packaging will still be on shelves for some period of time as we work through the transition,” said Larrow Kaufman, senior manager, sales and marketing, Aisin Aftermarket North America “Inventory of parts in the old packaging will determine the timing of a full turnover to the new branding.”
link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
link hidden, please login to view
By OReilly Auto Parts
Car batteries store the energy produced by your alternator to allow the car to start. The stored energy can also be used when the ...
By Erica Zhu Feilong Jiangli
Stamping technology is an advanced metal processing method. It is based on the plastic deformation of metal. It uses dies and stamping equipment to exert pressure on the sheet metal under normal temperature conditions, so that the sheet metal produces plastic deformation or separation, so as to obtain parts with certain shape, size and performance. Stamping technology is widely used in automobile industry, and is the key technology in automobile body manufacturing.
(1) it is easy to operate, easy to realize mechanization and automation, and has high productivity.
(2) The dimension precision of the part is guaranteed by the mould. Generally, it can be used for assembly without cutting, so the quality is stable.
(3) it is possible to obtain parts with complex shapes which cannot be machined or processed by other metal processing methods.
(4) Generally, it does not need to heat the blank, nor does it need to remove a large number of metals like cutting, so it not only saves energy, but also has a high utilization rate of materials.
(5) The raw materials used are rolled sheets or strips, and the surface of the material is generally not damaged during the stamping process, so the surface quality of the stamping parts is better.
The stamping process is carried out on punching presses or presses. Special punching tools are equipped on punching presses or presses.
By Erica Zhu Feilong Jiangli
The stamping process can be divided into different classes according to different standards.
(1) according to the different deformation properties, it can be divided into separation process and forming process.
Separation process: the material is processed under external force to produce deformation, as used in the deformation part of the equivalent stress reached the shear strength of the material, the material will produce shear cracking and separation, thus forming a certain shape and size of the parts. These stamping processes are generally referred to as separation processes, such as tailoring, punching, blanking, and cutting.
Forming process: under the action of external force, the equivalent stress acting on the deformed part of the material is between the yield limit and the strength limit of the material. The material only produces plastic deformation, so as to obtain a certain shape and size of the parts. These stamping processes are collectively called forming processes, such as bending, drawing, forming and other deformation processes.
(2) according to the basic deformation mode, it can be divided into blanking, bending, drawing and forming.
Punching: Punching, such as punching, blanking, etc., is a process in which materials are cut apart along closed or non-closed contours.
Bending: The stamping process of bending a material into an angle or shape is called bending, such as bending, crimping, twisting, etc.
Drawing: The process of drawing a flat blank into a hollow part, or further changing the shape and size of the hollow part with a drawing die, is called drawing. There are thinner drawing and thinner drawing.
Forming: The stamping process that causes material to deform locally to change the shape of a part or blank is called forming, such as flanging, shrinkage, etc.