Quantcast
  • Welcome to Auto Parts Forum

Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn. 

Ruby Wright

Advance Auto Parts; where the company stands...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hot Ajax
      I have 09 Tacoma.  Their OEM pads are great for stopping power, but they leave a dark residue on the wheel cover.  Any of you gentlemen have any suggs?
      I typically get 4o,000 plus out of a set of OEM pads.  Like I said, they stop good, and they're easy on the rotors. 
      Thanks in advance. 
    • By Joe Pagone
      I have been a mechanic for many years. I used to buy Napa Auto Parts almost always. I felt the parts were good quality, although more expensive than others. It does not pay to install poor quality parts on a car, they come back, and bite you!  Unfortunately, a few years ago it seems Napa changed their policy on quality. This happened around the time they totally changed the on-line site.  Around the same time, I started looking at Rock Auto on-line. Rock Auto offers each part by a few different manufacturers, quality levels, and prices. I started noticing that despite Napa still charging higher prices, they were now supplying the cheapest, lowest quality parts instead of the better quality they were known for.  Given that, why would a person order from Napa, when Rock Auto is surprisingly lower priced, and you have a quality level choice . Napa seems to be riding on their previous well known name, while keeping the prices artificially high.
        Some prime examples of this is, I purchased a starter solenoid, (eckland, Napa's electrical brand), as a preventative measure. The third start-up, after installing, the solenoid froze in the on position, with key off, and kept the starter spinning and engaged until I could unhook one battery terminal. Burned up the relay, starter, and a couple wires.  I purchased a rebuilt alternator, took it from the box, and turned it, it felt rough turning, as if there was dirt in the bearing race or defective bearing components. I purchased Napa's best fuel pump, and it was very noisy from day one. I purchased a set of Napa Branded, 2 ton each, jack stands. One of them had a defective casting that would not allow the stop to lock in place. Although it seemed it locked, when weight was applied, it fell.  I purchased rebuilt Ford Front calipers from Napa, and with in one year, the unplated soft steel bleeder screws has rusted solid to the caliper!
      Are other people seeing this too??
    • By CarPartAU
      Date Listed:10/06/2020 Last Edited:10/06/2020 Make:BMW Warranty:no Condition:refurbished Visit us at link hidden, please login to view
    • By N0-sUGar!
      What is your opinion on this? I might consider buying a 2014 Honda CR-Z Hybrid. 

The one I found is priced at $10,000, which is still fair for a vehicle with link hidden, please login to view. It offered me a smooth ride when I took it for a test drive. 

It is a two-seater sports car with hybrid features and was designed with sporty performance and fuel economy in mind. 
      Its standard transmission runs in six-speed manual, but its trims (the standard & EX version) can also have CVT automatic transmissions with paddle shifters plus Eco assist
      The dash display changes color from blue to green to give immediate feedback on the vehicle's efficiency
      The steering wheel contains controls for the audio system, cruise, Bluetooth and navigation systems
      The engine contains 1.5-liters of fuel and has a 16-valve i-VTEC engine that delivers 122 horsepower. It is also supported by an electric motor.
      The Environmental Protection Agency recorded the vehicle's fuel economy at 35 miles per gallon in city and 39 MPG on highways.
      Not to mention the fact that it has an Integrated Motor Assist system which harnesses kinetic energy to boost horsepower and efficiency
      It can accelerate from 50 miles per hour to 70 miles per hour in under 6.7 seconds
      And from that same rate, it can achieve a complete stop by just covering 197 ft. of distance
      It has a curb-to-curb diameter of 35.4 ft
      Plus, it has a vast rear cargo space due to two-seat configuration. The rear cargo floor can be raised to show a rear cargo console that can be fitted with additional items
      By the looks of it, a good option if you were on a tight budget but still prioritizing quantity. 
  • Our picks

• Advance Auto Parts To Sponsor NASCAR Weekly Series In Multiyear Agreement
      DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. & RALEIGH, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As NASCAR Weekly Series sanctioned events begin to return at select tracks across North America, NASCAR and Advance Auto Parts (NYSE: AAP), a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider, today announced a multiyear official partnership, designating Advance as the series entitlement sponsor. As part of the agreement, Advance also becomes the “Official Auto Parts Retailer of NASCAR.”

"It's great to have Advance join us in welcoming the return of NASCAR-sanctioned grassroots racing," said Ben Kennedy, vice president, racing development, NASCAR. "Advance’s commitment to our Weekly Series will develop some of the brightest NASCAR talent across North America. Advance has a long history in racing, and we’re thrilled to see its expanded presence from the grassroots all the way through our national series.”
      • 0 replies
    • Advance Auto Parts Announces Purchase of the DieHard Brand from Transformco
      Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (NYSE: AAP) has acquired the DieHard brand from Transform Holdco LLC (“Transformco”), for $200 million utilizing cash on hand.

“We are excited to acquire global ownership of an iconic American brand. DieHard will help differentiate Advance, drive increased DIY customer traffic and build a unique value proposition for our Professional customers and Independent Carquest partners. DieHard has the highest brand awareness and regard of any automotive battery brand in North America and will enable Advance to build a leadership position within the critical battery category,” said Tom Greco, president and CEO, Advance Auto Parts. “DieHard stands for durability and reliability and we will strengthen and leverage the brand in other battery categories, such as marine and recreational vehicles. We also see opportunities to extend DieHard in other automotive categories. We remain committed to providing our customers with high-quality products and excellent service. The addition of DieHard to our industry leading assortment of national brands, OE parts and owned brands will enable us to differentiate Advance and drive significant long-term shareholder value.”
      • 0 replies
    • AmazonBasics 6-Pack High Mileage Motor Oil - Synthetic Blend
      AmazonBasics High Mileage Motor Oil - Synthetic Blend

AmazonBasics high-mileage synthetic-blend motor oil offers an enhanced level of protection for engines over 75,000 miles. Its synthetic blend combines conventional oil with synthetic for cost efficiency with some of the benefits of a full synthetic. An important part of routine maintenance, the motor oil works well for anything from topping off levels to complete oil changes. Whether it’s a beloved older vehicle or one with an uncertain maintenance history, help protect its engine with AmazonBasics high-mileage, synthetic-blend motor oil.
      • 3 replies
    • OEM vs. Aftermarket Parts for Your Car: How to Choose
      When selecting parts for a car repair, it pays to know the differences between original and aftermarket parts. Whenever possible, get estimates for both.

Choosing between original and aftermarket car parts — and even used parts of either type — is all about squaring your priorities with your budget.

You’ll have different options depending on the part and the shop. And the best choice will depend on whether you’re trying to keep repairs cheap, restore your car’s appearance after a wreck or soup up your ride.

Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts match those that came with your car, and are of the same quality as its original parts. They’re also the most expensive.
      • 1 reply
    • Replacement Intervals For Oil And Air Filters In Today’s Vehicles
      The factory-recommended replacement intervals for filters can vary quite a bit depending on the year, make and model of the vehicle, as well as how it is driven. As a rule, older vehicles (those more than 15 to 20 years old) typically have more frequent service intervals than newer vehicles. Why? Because late-model vehicles require less maintenance, thanks to improvements in motor oils, transmission fluids, engine design and filter media.

Many long-life air and oil filters use synthetic fiber media or a blend of cellulose and synthetic fibers to extend filter life.

Changing the oil and filter every 3,000 miles was standard practice decades ago. But it’s no longer necessary because most multi-viscosity oils today are a synthetic blend or a full synthetic that resist viscosity breakdown and oxidation for a much longer period of time. Late-model fuel-injected engines also run much cleaner than their carbureted ancestors, which reduces oil contamination in the crankcase.
      • 0 replies

Copyright © 2020 AutoPartsForum Powered by Invision Community