• Welcome to Auto Parts Forum

Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn. 

Car battery sales up due to cold weather

The cold weather is definitely helping battery sales!

link hidden, please login to view

BISMARCK, N.D. - It happens a lot this time of year. You go out to start your car in the morning and the battery is dead.

Battery.png

The staff at O'Reilly auto parts in Bismarck say sales have spiked for car batteries, fuel additives, and anything else people need to keep going in winter, which comes in handy for a lot of people.

"I came up here from Florida some years back. I never had those kinda issues, but here in Bismarck I've definitely had some issues like that, and thankfully I've had some help," said David Baxter, Bismarck resident.

O'Reiley says it's selling 10 batteries on a slow day, maybe 20-30 batteries a day on colder days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Similar Topics

• By Counterman
      AutoPartSource/Momentum USA received the Sales & Service Award at the O’Reilly Auto Parts 2024 Leadership Conference in Dallas.  
      This is the second year in a row that O’Reilly has honored AutoPartSource/Momentum USA with the award.
      On hand to accept the award for AutoPartSource were: John Amalfe, ownership; Dave Gonzales, senior VP sales & marketing; Jacob Eveland, marketing manager; Christina Youngblood, sales; and Dave Nickerson, NA Williams; and the sales & support team. 
      AutoPartSource/Momentum USA, a leading manufacturer of automotive cabin air filters, has been the prime supplier for the O’Reilly MicroGard and HEPA cabin air filter lines. 
      The company noted that 100% of the HEPA line is manufactured in the United States with U.S. raw materials.  
      Most of the MicroGard products have transitioned from being globally sourced to also being made in the United States, according to the company.
      “Being honored by the premier automotive aftermarket organization in the country for the second consecutive year is an extreme honor for our entire company that we do not take for granted,” said John Amalfe, owner of AutoPartSource/Momentum USA. “Instead, this achievement makes us want to continually improve in all aspects of our business which translates to more sales growth for both companies.”
      O’Reilly’s Sales & Service Award acknowledges outstanding performance, dedication to excellence and unparalleled service in the automotive aftermarket. 
      The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
    • By Counterman
      new national survey by Atomik Research reveals 91% of American motorists say they’ve experienced a dead battery, but nearly two-thirds (65%) of motorists admit they don’t think about having their car battery checked until it’s too late.  
      To raise awareness of the importance of having a reliable car battery, Advance Auto Parts is giving away free DieHard batteries on National Battery Day, which is Sunday, Feb. 18. 
      Advance said it will surprise randomly selected customers with a free DieHard battery, including those getting their current battery tested, at participating stores nationwide.
      As part of National Battery Day, Advance is partnering with Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Baker Mayfield to encourage motorists to get their car batteries tested.  
      “Checking the performance of your car battery can prevent unfortunate and even unsafe events caused by dead batteries,” said Junior Word, Advance’s executive vice president, U.S. stores. 
      Additional data from the national Atomik survey commissioned by Advance in January underscores the need to remind motorists to get their car batteries checked:    
      Sixty-five percent of motorists say they’ve missed or been late to something due to a dead car battery; nearly 10% say they missed or were late to an important life event – such as a wedding, funeral or birth of a child.  Only 2% of motorists indicate they’ve had their car battery checked before a cross-country road trip.  Only 5% of motorists report having ever checked their car battery when there is a drop in temperature.  The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
    • By Counterman
      BendPak recently introduced its patent-pending Octa-Flex concept, a new two-post lift design that features two sets of arms: triple-telescoping swing arms plus all-new integrated lift-assist arms.
      Octa-Flex is the world’s first two-post lift series with eight fully adjustable, telescoping lift arms, according to the company.  
      The EV12DPS Octa-Flex prototype makes its global premiere in booth 4569W at NADA Expo in Las Vegas, Feb. 2-4.
      Octa-Flex offers all the functionality of a traditional two-post lift, while enabling technicians to perform tasks such as tackle cab-off repairs without the help of additional component-handling equipment or a second tech.
      While the primary lift arms hold the vehicle, the unique Octa-Flex lift-assist arms can be used to help safely and ergonomically lift and maneuver heavy vehicle components such as EV battery packs, drivetrains, tires and wheel assemblies with precision, ensuring seamless workflow while reducing the risk of workplace injuries, BendPak noted.  
      When they’re not needed, the powered lift-assist arms can be moved up out of the way, so the lift can be used as a standard two-post model. 
      “Octa-Flex lift-assist arms act like that second set of hands you wish you had when you need to remove a 1,200-pound EV battery or wrestle 100-pound wheels and tires off a truck,” said Jeff Kritzer, BendPak president and CEO. “Now you don’t have to ‘put your back into it’ or grab a buddy. Our Octa-Flex lifts will help technicians get more work done with less physical effort and strain.”
      link hidden, please login to view The three-stage arms extend and retract further than any other thanks to a patent-pending design that enables the inner arm tubes to retract fully through the back of the arm assembly and even beyond the arm pin itself, providing unfettered access to a wide range of vehicle lifting points, according to BendPak.
      Their lower profile and dropped-end pad receiver lets them access hard-to-reach lifting points with less chance of damage to vehicle side skirts, running boards or ground effects, even on low-slung sportscars or EVs.
      The Octa-Flex concept also features BendPak’s patent-pending Automatic Swing Arm Restraint System (ASARS) to keep the primary lift arms in place.
      ASARS provides twice as much holding grip as traditional systems, according to the company. Its 360 degrees of forged steel teeth secure the arms in place to withstand more than 2,000 pounds of side force that can be generated during vehicle service. The adaptive system requires minimal operator involvement to set and release, while providing maximum peace of mind.
      A Clear-Floor Design
      The Octa-Flex concept is a clear-floor design delivering unobstructed floor space for moving toolboxes, transmission jacks and other equipment under elevated vehicles. It is built to deliver long service life with single-piece columns for strength, ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene load bearings that never need lubrication, super-tall lift carriages to minimize stress on components and industrial-grade hydraulic cylinders, according to the company.
      Designed for versatility, Octa-Flex Series lifts feature BendPak’s Bi-Metric reversible swing arms that enable the lift operator to set the lift in either symmetric or asymmetric configurations. 
      BendPak said it is committed to further enhancing the Octa-Flex concept in the coming months. Anticipated for fall 2024, the global launch will encompass models with rated capacities of both 10,000 and 12,000 pounds.
      Learn more and check out the EV12DPS Octa-Flex prototype at NADA Expo booth 4569W at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Feb. 2-4, visit 
      link hidden, please login to view or call 805-933-9970. The post
    • By Alan
      To Importers in the Global Tire Industry:

Please read this  as it might inspire you. Many international friends have been perplexed about how to import tires manufactured in China and sell them in their home countries. China's tire industry has experienced rapid growth over the past decade, marking a period of significant dividends. Many early investments in large factories have yielded substantial returns. However, with an increasing number of factories and brands, the competition has intensified. For those who wish to enter this industry but are unsure about how to proceed, please follow my website. I will periodically update it with information about China's tire industry for your reference. 
      please follow: link hidden, please login to view 
    • A-premium Auto Parts:5% OFF with Code GM5.
    • By royally effd
      I bought a battery on Friday. I went in-person because I wanted to make sure that I get the right one. I know you can not return batteries, hence my wanting to be sure.

I was sold the wrong battery. It's too big for the tray. I currently have a small battery and I knew that I could remove the sleeves used to hold the small battery. I didn't question the size because I thought it would fit on the big tray underneath the sleeves.

I have him as much information as I had and even showed him the pictures of the battery. Other than suing them in small claims court, what would be a good course of action?