Quantcast
  • Welcome to Auto Parts Forum

Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn. 

Sending tires abroad?

Hi, I've been looking around and this distribution subforum seemed like a good place to ask:

I'm trying to handle an issue, where a co-worker wants to send 4 sets of tires to an Indian location. We are expats from Europe (Germany) and the tires are his personal posession.
Generally, do non-electronic parts like tires have to go through a lot of customs-shenanigans? I'm on the fence of taking care of it if it's not too much hassle or drop the issue entirely if it will cost too much research/ bureaucracy time.

Cheers,

P.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Alex
      Cooper Tire is recalling 430,000 tires over the concern they may rapidly deflate and lead to a crash.
      The company said in a statement on Feb. 19 that they were recalling 22 brands of tires after learning of a defect that could lead to sidewall separation and increase the risk of a crash.
      The company is recalling certain Discoverer, Evolution, Courser, Deegan, Adventurer, Hercules, Back Country, Multi-Mile Wild Country and Big O brand tires including some under the Pep Boys, Discount Tire, Mickey Thompson, Les Schwab and Mastercraft brands.
      The number of tires affected is estimated to be more than 430,000.
      Cooper Tire will notify owners in late March and dealers will replace any affected tires, free of charge.
      Any owners may contact Cooper Tire customer service at  1-800-854-6288. The number for the recall is 178.
      Additionally, owners have the option to contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 or go to http://www.safercar.gov/. The NHTSA ID for this recall is 21T002000.
      https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/cooper-tire-recalls-430000-tires-over-defect-that-could-lead-to-a-crash/2570444/?amp
    • By MCT
      Interesting little tool
      , but as someone pointed out in the comments, he was on a different nut when he used the tool than when he was using the impact.
    • By MCT
      Saw a Commercial on TV for them the other day.
      https://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/tires.html
      They have  Firestone, Michelin,  Cooper, Bridgestone and a bunch of other tires.
  • Similar Topics

• By Alex
      Cooper Tire is recalling 430,000 tires over the concern they may rapidly deflate and lead to a crash.
      The company said in a statement on Feb. 19 that they were recalling 22 brands of tires after learning of a defect that could lead to sidewall separation and increase the risk of a crash.
      The company is recalling certain Discoverer, Evolution, Courser, Deegan, Adventurer, Hercules, Back Country, Multi-Mile Wild Country and Big O brand tires including some under the Pep Boys, Discount Tire, Mickey Thompson, Les Schwab and Mastercraft brands.
      The number of tires affected is estimated to be more than 430,000.
      Cooper Tire will notify owners in late March and dealers will replace any affected tires, free of charge.
      Any owners may contact Cooper Tire customer service at  1-800-854-6288. The number for the recall is 178.
      Additionally, owners have the option to contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 or go to http://www.safercar.gov/. The NHTSA ID for this recall is 21T002000.
      https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/cooper-tire-recalls-430000-tires-over-defect-that-could-lead-to-a-crash/2570444/?amp
    • By Auto News
      Seeing your child off to college is an emotional transition, especially if they are going far away from home. Sending them away in the family vehicle can create even more worry and stress. A little advance planning and a well-maintained vehicle can offer peace-of-mind to parents, says the non-profit Car Care Council
      Get a sendoff vehicle inspection: College is a busy time for students and it is likely that car care at college will not be top of mind. Be sure to schedule a thorough vehicle inspection before packing up the car so you can rest easy knowing your child is driving a road-ready vehicle. Make an emergency plan: Discuss a plan with your child in case they experience a roadside emergency. Be sure they know who to contact for roadside assistance and stock the car with an emergency kit, including jumper cables, emergency flares, a flashlight with batteries, blankets and extra clothes, water and non-perishable snacks, a first aid kit, a portable USB charger and a fully charged cell phone. To be prepared for inclement weather, include an ice scraper, a snow brush and small shovel. Hit the books: Encourage your child to learn about auto care by reviewing the Car Care Council’s online Car Care Guide and becoming familiar with the owner’s manual. The printed Car Care Guide fits easily in a glove compartment and covers the most common preventive maintenance occasions and procedures that should be performed to keep cars safe, dependable and efficient. Stay on schedule: To stay on top of routine vehicle maintenance, sign up for the council’s free Custom Service Schedule and receive email service reminders and recall notices so that you and your child are aware of any issues and can address them in a timely fashion. The Car Care Council has introduced a new video, produced in conjunction with AutoNetTV (ANTV), with tips for parents, college-bound students and their vehicles. To learn more about keeping your vehicle in safe, dependable working condition, visit www.carcare.org or follow the Car Care Council on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
      The Car Care Council is the source of information for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers. For the latest car care news, visit the council’s online media room at http://media.carcare.org. To order a free copy of the popular Car Care Guide, visit the council’s consumer education website at www.carcare.org.
      The post Four Steps for Sending Your Car Away to College appeared first on Be Car Care Aware.
      View the full article
    • By Luis Castro Jr Jr.
      Hello, 
      I moved into a new apartment that had a storage area that the previous tenants did not vacate. After busting the lock I found these tires with rims. I am trying to get even a low ball estimate as to what I could sell these on offer up for. I hope this is an appropriate place to ask this question. If not I am happy to be pointed in a better direction. Thank you!  2 of the tires are obviously in better shape. 

• By BBKing
      Hello all! I am deciding what tires to select for the approaching winter. 
      I am thinking about  Michelin MXV4 All-Season Tires or Goodyear Ultra Grip Winter Tires 

Have anyone tried them in wet? Or maybe you have some other options
      Thank you in advance

• Shop AutoPartsToys.com for all Your Car, Truck and SUV Accessories at Direct Factory Warehouse Pricing
    • By Teddy
      Has anyone been buying tires at tirerack or other online tire seller? If so, do you have them shipped to the installer or to your house and then bring them somewhere...
      Or, do you go to a place like sears, firestone, NTB, etc...