Quantcast
  • Welcome to Auto Parts Forum

Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn. 

A/C Compressor Kit & Condensor

Hello all,

I currently was priced to have my A/C compressor replaced along with the condenser for my 2009 Honda CRV. I would like to purchase the parts on my own and pay for the labor at the shop etc. However, I want to make sure that I am purchasing all that I need and not wasting money, can someone please educate me on what should all be included in the proper Compressor Kit? As I have shopped around and it appears there are different types. I also would like to keep the purchase affordable but insure that the brand is reliable, can I have input on what brands may be the best and affordable. I greatly appreciate the help in advance.

Typically shops will markup parts, which is how they make money to stay in business. If you found a shop to install customer supplied parts, that's great. Just ask them what to buy. However, in most cases shops will not accept customer supplied parts due to warranty and lack of markup ability.  

Did a shop tell you to replace the compressor and condenser? Compressor kits don't normally include a condenser, it comes with a new compressor, accumulator or filter drier, expansion device, oil, and required gaskets and O-rings.

• 5 months later...
On 7/8/2021 at 11:06 AM, Teddy said:

Typically shops will markup parts, which is how they make money to stay in business. If you found a shop to install customer supplied parts, that's great. Just ask them what to buy. However, in most cases shops will not accept customer supplied parts due to warranty and lack of markup ability.  

Did a shop tell you to replace the compressor and condenser? Compressor kits don't normally include a condenser, it comes with a new compressor, accumulator or filter drier, expansion device, oil, and required gaskets and O-rings.

Thanks for this suggestion. It really helped me.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By RockAuto
      Get a 10% instant manufacturer rebate with purchase of select Four Seasons A/C Kits.View on RockAuto.com
    • By RockAuto
      Get up to $30 back with purchase of select Power Stop Brake Kits.View on RockAuto.com
    • By RockAuto
      Get up to $30 back with purchase of select Powr Stop Brake Kits.View on RockAuto.com
    • By Counterman
      With enthusiasts seeking to amp up the power in their Toyota Tundra pickups, Manley Performance has responded with a special valve-spring kit for the DOHC 5.7-liter 3UR-FE V-8 engine.
      This engine also is employed in Toyota Sequoia, Land Cruiser and Lexus LX 570 applications.

Manley’s new kit (p/n 26205) features a set of 32 valve springs that are wound from an exceptionally pure steel alloy and engineered for use in conjunction with aftermarket camshafts that have lifts to .480 inch, according to the company.
      The springs have a .990-inch OD and can be used with the factory spring seat. They’re rated at 75 pounds installed and 205 pounds when open.

Also included in the kit are lightweight titanium retainers. This allows the engine to achieve up to 10,000 rpm. The retainers are manufactured from heat-treated, aerospace-grade titanium and CNC-machined to exacting tolerances. They are designed for use with 5.5-millimeter stem valves and weigh only 7 grams apiece.

For additional information call Manley’s tech team at 732-905-3366 or visit
      link hidden, please login to view. Founded in 1966, Manley Performance is a Lakewood, New Jersey-based manufacturer of engine and valvetrain components.
      The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
      link hidden, please login to view
    • Shop AutoPartsToys.com for all Your Car, Truck and SUV Accessories at Direct Factory Warehouse Pricing
    • By Counterman
      Now there’s a way to ensure more reliable power from EcoBoost-powered 2.3-liter engines with the introduction of MAHLE Motorsport’s 4032 alloy Ford EcoBoost 2.3L PowerPak Plus Piston kit.
      Designed for heavy-duty applications in which the OE cast piston has been known to fail, MAHLE Motorsport has introduced a 4032 alloy option that not only adds much-needed strength, but also allows for a tighter piston to wall clearance for quieter cold startup, according to the company.
      MAHLE Motorsport’s 2.3L PowerPak kit is loaded with value-added features for reliable power production for any 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine, according to MAHLE.
      To help correct problems associated with the OE cast piston, MAHLE Motorsport manufactured this kit with a thick slipper-skirt-style forging and an enhanced OE crown design with increased radius for improved strength. Other special features include a heavy-duty 0.200-inch wall thickness; H13 tool steel wrist pins; and a hard anodized top ring groove that is ideal for extreme-duty applications. 
      The pistons are engineered with thick 0.235-inch top and 0.200-inch second ring lands. The pistons are designed for OE 149.3-millimeter-length connecting rods and OE 22.5-millimeter wrist pins and an OE 32.8-millimeter compression height. Valve pockets and depth accommodates both the 2-liter and 2.3-liter OE EcoBoost heads with a 9.5:1 compression ratio. 
      The new PowerPak Plus kit is available in 87.51-millimeter (No. 197937145) and 88-millimeter (No. 197937165) bore sizes and includes a nitrided steel 1.2-millimeter top, 1.2-millimeter second, 2.8-millimeter oil-ring set. The pistons are coated with MAHLE’s unique GRAFAL anti-friction skirt coating and phosphate to prevent microwelding and pin galling. 
      For more information, visit 
      link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view, or call MAHLE Motorsport toll-free at 888-255-1942.  The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
      link hidden, please login to view