• Welcome to Auto Parts Forum

Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, X, and LinkedIn. 

‘AMN Drivetime’ Chats With NTN’s Charles Harris (Video)

A native of “Honeymoon City” Niagara Falls, New York, Charles Harris began his aftermarket career after graduating with degrees in both Business and Marketing from Northwood University in Midland, Michigan. An experienced sales executive, Harris has spent more than 30 years in the automotive aftermarket, holding executive management roles at such well-known names as Tenneco, Monroe, TMD Friction and ASC Airtex before joining NTN.

Harris joined NTN in 2019 as the director of sales – Automotive Aftermarket and in October 2021 was promoted to vice president of sales and marketing. In his tenure with NTN, he has overseen the restructuring of the automotive aftermarket sales team and the growth of NTN’s market share in the traditional automotive aftermarket, heavy-duty, and fleet market channels. 

Throughout his career, Charles has focused on the value of people and developing their ability to communicate and execute, which generates organizational growth. In the podcast, Harris shares that his work with his team is his proudest accomplishment: “I think my proudest achievement has to do with my people and the teams that I’ve built. When I look back now on some of the people and how they excelled under my leadership in the business – not only becoming just regional managers, being sales directors, being VPs within the industry – that that’s what makes me most proud.”

In this exclusive “AMN Drivetime” interview, Babcox Media CEO Bill Babcox sits down with Harris to learn more about what makes a great salesperson successful today, how to stay ahead of the curve, where Charles gets his motivation and more.

In this episode, Bill and Charles talk about:

1:52 What makes a great salesman in the aftermarket today?

2:48 Most memorable story from early days on the road

5:25: How to stay ahead of the curve in today’s fast-evolving industry

6:30: Proudest moments in Charles’ career

8:38 A closer look at the NTN Sales & Marketing team

10:04 What motivates Charles to stay focused (spoiler alert: It’s his grandkids!)

11:05 Drivetime’s new Lightning Round!

link hidden, please login to view

The post

appeared first on

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dorman Products
      Valve Covers | Counterperson Training Video from Dorman Training Center
    • By Dorman Products
      Leaf Springs | Counterperson Training Video from Dorman Training Center
    • By Dorman Products
      Keyless Remotes | Counterperson Training Video from Dorman Training Center
    • By Counterman
      KYB has announced a newly updated video training series.
      The 2023 Service Professional Video Training Series provides technicians, shop owners and service providers detailed information to help increase shock sales and better maintain their customers’ vehicles.
      “In our efforts to provide service professionals with the best training in the aftermarket, we are excited to announce the release our new service professional online training course,” KYB National Training Manager Erick Kinnunen said. “This course is designed to show the value in maintaining shocks and struts, and the importance of restoring or improving a vehicle’s original-designed handling and control by using the correct KYB part.”  
      The KYB Service Professional Video Training Series consists of six short videos, each being followed by a short quiz. Professionals will learn the importance of including shocks and struts in regular vehicle maintenance, how shocks work and wear, identifying worn shocks, making the proper recommendations and installing the correct part.
      Each user who completes the video training series will receive a newly designed KYB Training short-sleeved t-shirt. Service professionals who completed the original version of the KYB Video Training Series are still eligible, can use their previous sign-in and receive the new T-shirt as well.
      The interactive, self-paced KYB Video Training Series can be found at 
      link hidden, please login to view. The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
    • A-premium Auto Parts:5% OFF with Code GM5.
    • By Counterman
      In the latest episode of “AMN Drivetime,” Babcox Media CEO Bill Babcox sits down with John Lussier, president of Tendeco Sales Inc., under which the Litens brand resides.
      In the interview, the two executives talk about a variety of important industry issues – from supply chain challenges to sourcing, R&D, OE heritage, international business and more.
      Having been born in Argentina and educated in Venezuela, Lussier says that experience has certainly helped him lead an international business however, he points out that the continued value proposition of the “Made in the USA” still holds weight around the globe.
      “For me personally, in my automotive career, it’s helped me a lot into understanding other cultures and how that might benefit and learn to work together. Obviously, it’s a very important thing,” Lussier said. Yet he also shared, “… Having grown up in South America and then subsequently moved to the United States, I learned early on what it meant to be ‘made in the United States,’ because that translates into quality around the world.” 
      In this episode of “AMN Drivetime,” Bill and John also dive into the following topics:
      00:56 – Litens’ history and its involvement in the invention of the tensioner 04:25 – The vehicle technologies Lussier is keeping a close eye on today 6:36 – How growing up in Latin America informs Lussier’s his role as an international business leader today 8:08 – Just how many languages does Lussier speak? 8:10 – What “made in the USA” really means to Lussier 9:23 – How Litens manages today’s continuing supply chain challenges 10:55 – The importance of R&D and how Litens differentiates itself in the market 13:09 – Diving into the details of having “OE heritage” 14:40 – Funny stories from the road 16:35 – The popular and insightful Lightning Round Sponsored by link hidden, please login to view, the “AMN Drivetime” podcast entertains and educates listeners, conversing with today’s top aftermarket drivers and industry leaders who are having an impact on the automotive aftermarket industry. This bi-monthly podcast offers candid, one-on-one conversations between Babcox Media CEO Bill Babcox and notable figures in the automotive aftermarket, sharing their experiences and life lessons as they have traveled the aftermarket.
      link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.