Quantcast

DIY like a pro! Shop from over 1,000,000 Repair Manuals at eManualOnline.com! As low as $14.99 per manual. Shop now.

DIY like a pro! Shop from over 1,000,000 Repair Manuals at eManualOnline.com! As low as $14.99 per manual. Shop now.

• Welcome to Auto Parts Forum

Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn. 

MANN+HUMMEL CEO Kurk Wilks Elected Vice Chairman Of MEMA Board

Kurk Wilks, president and CEO of MANN+HUMMEL, has been elected vice chairman of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) board of directors.

Wilks joined the MEMA board in 2021. 

“Having Kurk as a vice chairman of the MEMA board is aligned with our mission to advance the business interests of the vehicle supplier community,” said Marc Blackman, president and COO, Gold Eagle, and chairman of the MEMA board. “I look forward to working with Kurk in his new role and during this transformational time in our industry.” 

“I’m excited to work with Kurk Wilks as vice chairman of the MEMA Board,” MEMA President and CEO Bill Long said. “His industry expertise and experience in the global supply chain –original equipment and aftermarket in both the heavy-duty and light vehicle sectors – make him an ideal choice for this role. 

During its most recent meeting in April, the MEMA board welcomed three new directors: Jon Husby, president and CEO, SEG Automotive; Mat Joy, president and CEO, Hendrickson; and Chris Pruitt, executive vice president, sales, finance and administration, East Penn. 

“With the addition of Jon, Mat and Chris, the voice of our industry is amplified,” added Long. “They will be instrumental in guiding the future direction of the MEMA board and our great organization.” 

Other executives serving on the MEMA board of directors are:                                         

• Chairman – Marc Blackman, president and COO, Gold Eagle 
  • Vice chairman – Mike Mansuetti, president, Robert Bosch LLC 
  • Treasurer – Tom Ward, senior vice president, and president, Repair Systems & Information Group, Snap-on 
  • Peter Butterfield, chairman and CEO, Omega Environmental Technologies 
  • Françoise Colpron, group president, Valeo North America 
  • Justin Greenberg, CEO, DieselCore 
  • Dominic Grote, president and CEO, Grote Industries  
  • Tim Musgrave, president and CEO, Pressure Systems International 
  • David Overbeeke, chairman, Maval Industries 
  • Eric Steinbecher, president, Automotive Aftermarket Americas, Schaeffler Group USA 
  • Bill Long, president and CEO, MEMA 

Since 1904,

link hidden, please login to view
has been the voice of the automotive and commercial-vehicle supplier industry, the largest manufacturing sector in the United States. MEMA is the parent organization of four affiliate associations: the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA); Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association (HDMA); MERA – The Association for Sustainable Manufacturing; and Original Equipment Suppliers Association (OESA).

The post

appeared first on

general heavy-duty 728x90

general heavy-duty 468x60

general heavy-duty 250x250

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Counterman
      Photo caption, left to right: Bob Courtney, mayor of Madison; Sen. Todd Young; Bill Long, president and CEO of MEMA; and Dominic Grote, president and CEO of Grote Industries.
      The Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) recently recognized Sen. Todd Young as a 2022 recipient of the Joseph M. Magliochetti Industry Champion Award.
      The award recognizes elected officials who have shown outstanding leadership on behalf of motor vehicle component suppliers. 
      Young, an Indiana Republican, received the award at the Grote Industries facility in Madison, Indiana. Grote is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of vehicle lighting and safety systems.
      “It is a pleasure to host Senator Young at Grote Industries,” said Dominic Grote, president and CEO of Grote Industries. “His leadership continues to make a positive impact to the industry and the state of Indiana.”  
      MEMA President and CEO Bill Long presented the Joseph M. Magliochetti Industry Champion Award.
      “Senator Young works diligently to promote our industry,” Long commented. “He is a true champion of the motor vehicle parts sector, and we are honored to recognize his efforts with this award.”  
      Young is a leading manufacturing advocate and bipartisan leader in the U.S. Senate. Young’s work carries great significance for the auto parts industry, which provides more than 907,000 direct jobs, making it the largest creator of manufacturing jobs nationwide and contributing two-thirds of the value of a new vehicle.  
      “I am grateful for this recognition and the thousands of Hoosiers who work in the motor vehicle parts sector,” Young said. “In the Senate, I will continue to fight for policies like USICA that support domestic manufacturing and encourage American innovation.” 
      At the instrumental Senate Finance and Commerce Committees, Young has done much to advance MEMA manufacturing and competitiveness priorities. For example, he has been a leader of efforts in 2021-2022 to pass the CHIPS Act, with its vital motor vehicle legacy chip provision for the industry to increase U.S. semiconductor chip production to alleviate stressed supply chains.  
      In fact, Young was the Republican leader of the broad U.S. Innovation and Competition Act (USICA) that passed the Senate in June 2021. The bill includes the CHIPS Act, enhances supply chain resiliency and increases funding for R&D partnerships with manufacturers. Young is working hard to get a final version of this bill passed through Congress as soon as possible in 2022.  
      “Senator Young is a true champion of Indiana motor vehicle parts manufacturers and their 84,000 employees,” said Long. “We are pleased to present MEMA’s 2022 Industry Champion Award to Senator Young.”   
      The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
    • By Counterman
      Photo caption: U.S. Reps. Debbie Dingell (left) and Haley Stevens
      The Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) honored U.S. Reps. Debbie Dingell and Haley Stevens as the 2022 recipients of the Joseph M. Magliochetti Industry Champion Award.
      The award is a special recognition given to elected officials who have shown outstanding leadership on behalf of automotive and commercial vehicle suppliers.
      The awards ceremony was held at the MAHLE Powertrain facility in Plymouth, Michigan.
      The MAHLE Powertrain site develops advanced zero-carbon and battery electric solutions for global OEMs across all markets from automotive to marine and power generation. MAHLE Powertrain is the Engineering Services arm of MAHLE, the global Tier 1 supplier.
      “Representatives Dingell and Stevens have both worked diligently to promote the interests of our industry,” MEMA President and CEO Bill Long said. “We are lucky to have them in our circle, advocating for policies that allow our industry to prosper.”
      Their work carries great significance within the vehicle-supplier industry. Manufacturing automotive parts provides more than 907,000 direct jobs, making it the largest creator of manufacturing jobs nationwide and contributing two-thirds of the value of a new vehicle.
      As a member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, Dingell’s work on behalf of vehicle suppliers includes advocating for automated-vehicle legislation, programs and policies to assist the motor vehicle industry’s transition to a net-zero transportation fleet, and introducing legislation focused on vehicle-technology R&D activities at the U.S. Department of Energy.
      The congresswoman also led efforts to ensure the passage of the CHIPS Act language, which provides federal funding to increase domestic semiconductor chip production.
      “It is truly an honor to receive the 2022 Joseph M. Magliochetti Industry Champion Award alongside my friend, Congresswoman Haley Stevens,” Dingell said. “MEMA and the supplier industry play such a critical role in the auto industry, employing generations of hardworking men and women in Michigan and contributing billions of dollars to our nation’s economy. Together, we will continue to keep the United States at the forefront of innovation and technology, and ensure that we have a strong and healthy auto industry.”
      In the House, Stevens helped improve the auto rule of origin provisions of the USMCA and built congressional support for this vital measure. She is a leading House advocate of the CHIPS Act, and its legacy chip provision for the motor vehicle and parts sector.
      Stevens has an impressive track record of working across the aisle to deliver for Michigan’s manufacturers supporting broad competitiveness, manufacturing and business priorities in the House and often articulating these to House leadership. As chair of the House Science Committee Research & Technology Subcommittee, she has championed federal funding and training programs to assist the auto parts sector in its transition to an EV future.
      “I am unbelievably honored to receive this recognition. I’ll never stop advocating in Congress for our Michigan manufacturers and automotive suppliers,” Stevens said. “They are truly the backbone of the booming SE Michigan economy and are leading the industry in innovating our future.” 
      The Industry Champion Award is presented in the memory of Joseph Magliochetti, a former MEMA chairman who also served as the chairman and CEO of Dana Corp. until his death in 2003. He was widely recognized as a leader and a visionary in the supplier industry, and as MEMA chairman, he left a legacy of advocacy and outreach on behalf of all vehicle suppliers.
      Automotive and commercial vehicle suppliers are the largest employer of manufacturing jobs in the U.S., contributing nearly 3% of the U.S. gross domestic product.
      The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
    • By Counterman
      Photo caption: From left, Northwood University Board of Trustees Vice Chair Steve Madincea; President Kent MacDonald; 2022 Outstanding Business Leader Bill Long; and Elisse Richardson, a Northwood student who introduced Long.
      Bill Long, CEO of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA), has received the 2022 Outstanding Business Leaders Award.
      Northwood University celebrated this year’s class of 
      link hidden, please login to view and the Richard DeVos Young Entrepreneur Award winner during a weekend that included a gala at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan.  “The Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation is a perfect venue to celebrate these industry leaders, as this historical museum celebrates American ingenuity, resourcefulness and innovation,” Northwood President Kent MacDonald said. “Like those innovative business leaders who have come before us, we honored this weekend contemporary business leaders who have also contributed to the free-enterprise system Northwood University holds so dear.” 
      The 2022 class of honorees includes:
      • Bill Long, president and CEO, MEMA
      • Jim Fitterling, chairman and CEO, Dow
      • Michael LaFontaine Sr., president, LaFontaine Automotive Group
      • Ben Manthei, founder and board member, Redi-Rock International
      • Lisa McClain, U.S. Congresswoman representing Michigan’s 10th District
      • Andra Rush, CEO, Dakkota Systems
      • Angela Steele, Publicis Groupe
      In addition, Manik Thapar, owner of Eco Wise Waste Management in Uttar Pradesh, India, was honored with the Richard M. DeVos Young Entrepreneur Award.  
      “What a great honor to be recognized by Northwood University with the Outstanding Business Leaders Award and be among such a distinguished class of honorees,” Long said. “It’s truly humbling share this recognition when considering the long list of distinguished honorees, many of whom I have known and admired throughout my career. And to the Northwood students, this is a time for new thinking, new ideas and new solutions to the issues of our day. We look to you to with hope and inspiration and to your leadership and what you will achieve.”  
      Northwood University annually recognizes a select group of business professionals for their achievements, support and exemplary leadership of the communities in which they live and work. These individuals serve as role models for Northwood University students as they share their experiences and obstacles they have encountered, in addition to how they overcame them while on the road to success. 
      In the four decades since the program began, more than 300 business leaders from more than 30 states and several countries, have been recognized. These honorees represent a vast, diverse, group of people from dozens of industries and fields of business expertise. 
      The Outstanding Business Leader Awards are presented by the Northwood University Board of Trustees. Each awardee is selected based on personal achievements which typify the unique philosophy of Northwood University. Criteria used in the selection of awardees include a contribution to the philosophy of private enterprise, support of the integration of business and the arts, contribution to education, economic innovation, creative marketing ideas, community involvement, religious leadership, philanthropic contributions, as well as business success. All honorees past and present serve as role models for Northwood University students.  
      Northwood University bestows the tremendous honor of the Outstanding Business Leader Award over a multi-day celebration ending with a formal gala event where the members receive an engraved crystal recognizing their honor. Proceeds from the event support the Outstanding Business Leaders Endowed Scholarship Fund at Northwood University. This year’s event raised $300,000. 
      The post
    • By Counterman
      With more than 250 locations across the country, Christian Brothers Automotive is one of the fastest-growing independent repair chains in the United States. But don’t expect to see that number multiply to 2,000 locations – or even 1,000 – anytime soon.
      According to CEO Donnie Carr, the company’s goal is to have 350 shops by 2025. And between 2020 and 2025, Christian Brothers wants to donate $25 million to charities.
      Carr’s father, Mark, co-founded Christian Brothers in 1982. During the “Voice of the End Customer” session at the AASA Vision Conference in Dearborn, Michigan, Carr provided a glimpse into the company’s people-first philosophy, which is anchored in “the desire to love our neighbor as ourself.”
      “Automotive is not what gets me up in the morning,” Carr declared. “It’s not the thing that I’m most excited about, but I’m proud to be a part of it. The thing that gets me most excited is the opportunity to grow and develop people.
      “And so at Christian Brothers Automotive, our passion, our desire, is that no matter how long you spend with the brand – whether it’s three days, three weeks, three years or three decades – that you leave better off than you came. We want you to be the best version of yourself. And that’s not just as a franchisee, a technician, a service writer. It’s as a parent, it’s as a spouse, it’s as a community member.”
      With that as a backdrop, Carr shared his six keys to success in life. Carr said he shares these six principles twice a month during training sessions for service writers and technicians.  
      He also shared: “I fail at these things on a regular basis. And one of the things that I love is talking about it, because it’s great accountability for me to attempt to do these things.”
      1. Take action and follow through.
      Carr referenced leadership guru John Maxwell, who has said that out of 100 people, 99 are problem spotters, and one is a problem solver. “In life, if we can be that problem solver, we will be that much more successful,” Carr added.
      2. Come prepared.
      Carr offered a couple great examples. One came from a documentary he saw about golf legends Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player practicing on the driving range in the wee morning hours prior to the start of the 2020 Masters Tournament. Nicklaus and Player were the honorary starters, meaning they each hit one tee shot to begin the tournament.
      “So at 5:30 in the morning, 50 degrees out in a light drizzle, these gentlemen are on the driving range, hitting practice shots,” Carr said. “Now, mind you, this is in 2020. And in 1974, they were inducted into the [World Golf Hall of Fame]. What that says to me is that these gentlemen, who have achieved excellence and still reach for it, they come prepared. They spend that little bit of time to make that effort.”
      3. Always look for the opportunity in a situation.
      “One of the things that’s been tough for me in life is I have two close family members who are bipolar,” Carr explained. “And I love those people, but in life it has created some additional challenges. It’s been a little extra difficult at times, but my awareness, my empathy, my ability to handle those who struggle with anxiety or depression or those with mental illnesses is so much greater now. And I am thankful for that because I know that was an opportunity for me to grow and improve as a person.”
      4. Own your financials.
      “When you own your finances, you make the decisions and they don’t,” Carr said. “When your payments make your decisions, you’re going to make bad decisions.”
      Carr also talked about the power of compound interest, asserting that “one of the greatest multipliers of wealth is time.” If you save $200 a month for 20 years, and earn a 10% annual return on that investment, you have $96,000, he explained. If you save the same amount for 40 years, and earn a 10% annual return, you have more than $1 million to show for it.
      5. Surround yourself with amazing people.
      “One of my favorite Proverbs is Proverbs 13:20: Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm. If you can surround yourself with fantastic people – people who are going to hold you accountable, speak truth and love to you – you are going to be that much more successful.”
      6. Being intentional.
      In life, your attitude and your time are among the few things “that you have close to 100% control over,” according to Carr.
      “I don’t think we realize often enough the impact in life that we can have with a great attitude. I don’t think we realize that person sitting next to us or that random interaction that we had, if we can do that with grace and love and with a great attitude, we will be that much more successful in life.”
      Regarding time, Carr has jettisoned the phrase “I didn’t have time” from his vocabulary. In its place, he says, “I didn’t make time.”
      “When I look at my son, Hank, and I missed his basketball game, and I say, ‘Hey buddy, I didn’t have time for that,’ it’s an easy conversation. But what I say now is, ‘I didn’t make time for that,’ because I own my time. And when I have to have that same conversation with my 6-year-old son and I have to look him in the eyes and say, ‘Hey Hank, I missed your basketball game because I didn’t make time for that,’ that’s a different conversation.”
      The post

• DIY like a pro! Shop from over 1,000,000 Repair Manuals at eManualOnline.com! As low as $14.99 per manual. Shop now.

• By AutoZone
      MEMPHIS, Tenn. , Feb. 18, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AutoZone, Inc. (NYSE:   AZO), today announced the appointment of Michael George and Brian Hannasch to the AutoZone Board of Directors. “The additions of Mike and Brian to our Board of Directors will further enhance the tremendous depth of