• Welcome to Auto Parts Forum

Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, X, and LinkedIn. 

Rain-X Latitude Wiper Blade Install-P&H Arm

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Similar Topics

• By Dorman Products
      Windshield Wiper Assemblies | Counterperson Training from Dorman Training Center
    • By Counterman
      If there ever was an auto part that could sell itself, this could be it. People put up with broken windows, loud exhaust, rusty body panels, oil leaks, broken air conditioning and a plethora of other problems. But, take away the windshield wipers and they’re beating a path to the closest auto parts store.
      Luckily, there are only a few options, and you can quickly point them in the right direction. But, before we get to that, we’ll address the question of diagnosis. Many people may ask: Do you think it’s the motor or the switch? Honestly, you can’t give them the answer without performing a professional diagnosis, which is not what you’re there for. That takes time and a wiring schematic, but there are a few factors in your favor.
      There’s a lot you can tell by just looking and listening, even if you can’t see the wiper motor or transmission, which often is hidden in the cowl. When you turn on the wiper switch, do you hear the motor? You also can hear it when it changes speed, so this is an initial way to eliminate the basics of the wiring and switch.
      If the motor runs but nothing happens, you likely have a linkage that has fallen off due to a worn bushing. In some cases, the bushings are available separately, which becomes a less expensive repair. But, it takes additional time to remove the linkages and install new bushings. This is a common repair and perfectly acceptable, but there also can be a downside to it. In some cases, the linkages or ball studs where the bushings attach can be worn, and while they may seem like they install OK, they can fall off after short use.
      This usually only ends up with a frustrated customer, so if a complete assembled unit is available with motor, transmission and linkages, it’s a good idea to recommend this option. Let them know the individual bushings are available, but suggest the complete unit. This way, if they go with bushings and they don’t last, you can’t be to blame.
      Wiper motors are far more advanced than they used to be, with built-in computer circuit boards and electronics. This is another common source of problems, often causing erratic or inoperative wipers, but again, you only can say what you know is common and recommend a professional diagnosis.
      If a wiper motor gets stuck, it can cause the fuse to blow, and it’s not that uncommon – especially in areas that see a lot of ice and snow. Also keep in mind that some wiper arms can loosen where they connect at the wiper shaft. Everything sounds like it’s working, but nothing happens. In these cases, the wiper arms often need to be replaced because material in the arms has been stripped off by the splines on the wiper shaft.
      Upselling Opportunities
      Luckily, problems with wiper motor and linkage usually are obvious, and overall, they’re easy to replace. It’s a job most people are willing to tackle. The opportunity is with the upsells you
      can offer.
      Wiper arms are a good one. Even if they’re not the cause of the problem, the spring tension in the wiper arm keeps the blade seated against the windshield. These springs can weaken over time, affecting the performance of the wipers, especially at higher speeds where the wind can lift the blade. Also important to look at is the pivot point of the arms. These are often rusty and worn, and this too will affect the ability of the arm to keep the blade properly seated against the glass. If the wiper motor has failed, it’s seen plenty of use and the wiper arms probably have seen better days.
      Wiper blades are an easy upsell, and the next thing that comes to mind with wipers are washers. Since they’re focused on the system overall, do they need washer fluid? Are their washers working? Maybe they need a new washer pump or hose. Some washer hoses are located in the cowl area, and when you’re already in there, now’s the time to do it.
      Another recommendation you can make is glass cleaner. New wiper blades work better and last longer on a clean windshield. It’s also good to mention checking the cowl drains. They’re often plugged up, and while there are no direct sales here, it’s nice to point out. Now that you have someone in wiper mode, what about that rear wiper? At a minimum, I bet it needs a blade and arm too.
      The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
      link hidden, please login to view
    • By Counterman
      The WAI LIN2 wiper motor carries the latest technological advancements, according to the company.
      The new smart motors process operation requests sent over a bidirectional LIN 2 (local interconnect network) Bus interface with the SCCM (steering column control module) and rain sensor (optional).
      WAI’s LIN2 smart wiper motors are designed to deal with common faults and failures of wiper motors. Through replacement, WAI’s LIN2 smart wiper motors have shown to reduce replacement comebacks, by simplifying a complex and often difficult part replacement, according to the company.  
      The LIN2 protocol offers the latest in intelligent control and ensures accuracy and compatibility for all vehicles that use it. With built-in diagnostics, the smart wiper motor will automatically align to the vehicle settings for wiper speed and matches the number of speed increments.
      The wiper motor electronics smart technologies feature Transpo intelligent design. Transpo electronics design is a critical part of the WAI Global product development. Transpo is well known for designing and engineering innovative and high-quality electronics pulse boards, chip technologies, and rotating electronics components.
      “WAI engineering works hard to develop solutions for smart wiper technologies that support all connection protocols including LIN2,” said Bizhan Roozrokh, head of engineering at WAI. “Our goal is to enable installers to be able to complete a wiper motor replacement quickly with no technical programming steps. The product should be plug-and-play to get customers on their way. The electronic ecosystem is a rock-solid foundation that reliably and accurately adapts and controls all wiper functionality regardless of environmental circumstances.”
      WAI implements a design principle called the synergistic design platform that is applied to advance all sub-elements of the product. This results in improvements and innovations such as ultra-light aluminum housings that are engineered to prevent sensitive electronics failure due to corrosion, leading to a longer service life.
      Each unit contains 100% all-new, precision-assembled components.
      “WAI has extensive coverage to ensure we have you covered with our extensive range of all makes and models,”
      link hidden, please login to view said in a news release. “All parts and components are tested against OEM specifications to equal or exceed them.” The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
    • By Counterman
      MEYLE recently launched the MEYLE HD control arm for the Tesla Model 3 and Model Y.
      The new control arm is made of high-strength forged aluminum, and features a redesigned ball joint, larger-diameter ball stud and redeveloped bushings.

As a result, the optimized and reinforced MEYLE HD control arm is specially designed to handle the high stresses of the heavy and powerful Tesla vehicles, according to the company. Backed by a four-year guarantee, the control arm is designed to last longer, provide extended driving safety and deliver “a more fun driving experience.”
      “You might remember – there was a lot of frustration in the global Tesla community a while ago,” the company said. “Drivers were reporting a great deal of squeaking and rattling coming from the premium manufacturer’s models.

“Our engineers at MEYLE were on the case right away and identified the Tesla control arm as the source of this nuisance. As always, they analyzed it and put it through an extensive multistage re-engineering process: the MEYLE HD principle. As a result, they developed a completely new technical solution that is now manufactured in our own production facilities.”

The post
    • A-premium Auto Parts:5% OFF with Code GM5.
    • By Counterman
      It pains me to admit it, but snowy weather is just around the corner. And with that winter weather comes seasonal challenges – as well as sales opportunities.
      In all my years behind the parts counter, there were two types of days that I would dread: heavy snowfall and heavy rainfall. Why? Because in either case, I knew that the store was going to be chock full of customers who have been putting off buying new wiper blades.
      I also knew that since my store offered free wiper installation – like most stores do these days – I would end up soaking wet from the rain, or frozen stiff from the snow and ice while I worked on the vehicle in the parking lot outside.
      I don’t know about you, but I found that upselling a customer in this position was exceedingly difficult. They’re usually in a rush, and are more likely to say, “Just give me the cheap ones,” or, “I’ll get the better wipers next time.” We’ve all heard those objections before. How do we overcome them?
      Don’t Wait, Ask!
      I would talk about wiper blades at every opportunity with customers. It was sort of my own way to kill time while I was waiting for the computer to open up the catalog. I would ask, “So, how are your wipers holding up? Did they keep the windshield clear when it rained last week?” Doing this would help to jog their memory, reminding them that their wipers were streaking, chattering or just simply failing to clear the windshield. They might not have walked into the store expecting to buy wipers, but they were more receptive to the idea once I helped them to remember that they needed them.
      This scenario happened day in and day out, and best of all I was able to upsell a number of those customers into a nicer set of beam-style wipers or convince them to pick up a gallon of washer fluid as well. These may seem like small victories, but they add up to a healthier profit margin for the entire store. I remember that our margin would dip on those really snowy or rainy days, mostly due to the smaller margin we made on the wiper blades by themselves.
      Installation Tips
      I installed a lot of wiper blades in my years behind the counter. Customers often would comment on how quickly I’d get it done, but it became more muscle memory than a conscious effort over time. We all know that wipers are easy to install, but customers don’t always know how to do it. If we can step in and install them – and get the customers on their way quickly – that’s a win-win for everyone.
      When it comes to installing wipers, there are a few things I’ve learned. First, most wiper blades will come with a small alcohol wipe inside the packaging. Don’t throw it away! Use it to wipe off any dirt or debris from the windshield where the wiper blades park. This part only takes a second or two, but it goes a long way toward ensuring that those new wiper blades won’t smear tree sap, dirt, mud or whatever else may be on the glass all over your customer’s field of vision.
      Second, when you lift the wiper arm up to access the blade, note any resistance or corrosion along the hinges. If those hinges start to bind up, it may not be able to apply adequate pressure to press the blade against the windshield.
      Finally, don’t forget about the rear wiper! SUVs, wagons and hatchbacks probably will have a small wiper for the rear glass, and these can easily be forgotten by the customer. As a matter of fact, I had a number of customers who didn’t know how to turn the rear wiper on in their vehicle, and they’d owned it for years! They really appreciated it when I took a moment to show them how to use it, and I hope they remembered what I’d said the next time it rained!
      The post