• Welcome to Auto Parts Forum

Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, X, and LinkedIn. 

Continental Launches Active Grill Shutters For Ford, Chrysler

Continental has introduced a new line of active grill shutters for popular Ford and Chrysler models.

Previously available as a dealer-only part, Continental active grill shutters now are available to the aftermarket for direct replacement on popular Chrysler and Ford models.

Continental currently offers 18 part numbers covering more than 16 million Chrysler, Ford and Lincoln VIO from 2012-2020. Key applications include the Chrysler 200; the Ford Focus, Escape, Mustang, Explorer, F-150 and Fusion; and Lincoln MKZ.

Continental expects to expand coverage for its active grill shutters to more than 100 part numbers in 2022.

“Continental developed this line of active grill shutters to meet the rising demand for affordable replacement parts for sophisticated vehicle systems, like engine cooling,” said Christina Bergstrom, senior product manager. “These shutters provide the same operation as the OE part, and ensure the vehicles function at the proper temperatures, improving fuel economy.”

Active grill shutters play an important part in improve vehicle fuel efficiency by maintaining ideal engine operating temperatures. They open at lower speeds to help keep the engine cool and close at higher speeds to reduce drag. They also assist in engine warm-up by retaining heat while the vehicle is parked.

For more information, visit:

link hidden, please login to view
or contact [email protected].

The post

appeared first on

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dorman Products
      Cost-effective replacement intake manifold for Ford Coyote 5.0s | Dorman OE FIX 615-916
    • By OReilly Auto Parts
      How To: Change Headlight Bulbs In a 2009 to 2014 Ford F-150
    • By Counterman
      Over the past couple of months, MEMA has been building on momentum to try and get the REPAIR Act passed the organization said. Now, it’s announcing the next step in a campaign called the “At Home REPAIR Campaign,” asking aftermarket suppliers to get involved.
      “Members of Congress will be back at home frequently in April, May, June, and July. These recesses provide the perfect opportunities to meet with legislators and urge them, face-to-face, to pass the REPAIR Act in 2024,” MEMA said.
      MEMA’s goal: Suppliers schedule in-person legislator meetings and facility visits during these recesses to advance the REPAIR Act.
      This is after MEMA Aftermarket Suppliers completed their Washington D.C. fly-in to try and build momentum behind the REPAIR Act, also known as H.R. 906.
      The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
    • By Kozmo Jr.
      I tough truck at my local county fair, and I recently bought a 1998 F-150 to run for the event this year. The truck has been sitting for some time and needs new calipers, however I like to build these without having to throw a bunch of money in. I was wondering if there was any way for me to take the calipers off my 2002 Chevy Astro van that I ran last year and put them onto my '98 f-150. I'm assuming I would have to make a custom mounting plate of some sort? I would like an external opinion before I dive into this if you have any input.  
    • A-premium Auto Parts:5% OFF with Code GM5.
    • By Counterman
      link hidden, please login to view announced the launch of its 65th-anniversary fundraising initiative. Running through July 1, 2024, the campaign aims to raise $65,000 through 1,000 donations of $65 each. This impactful effort highlights the industry’s commitment to taking care of its own, the AACF said.  From sudden illness and death to natural disasters, the foundation has provided assistance to industry professionals and their families during their darkest hours. As AACF celebrates its 65th year of service, it remains steadfast in its mission to provide financial support and resources to those in the automotive aftermarket industry in need, the organization said.
      In honor of this milestone, AACF is calling upon automotive aftermarket industry professionals, as well as compassionate individuals eager to lend a helping hand, to join forces in raising $65,000. By
      link hidden, please login to view, supporters can contribute to a fund that offer vital assistance during a time of greatest need. “Over the past 65 years, AACF has remained unwavering in its commitment to supporting members of the automotive aftermarket community during their most challenging moments,” said Joel Ayres, AACF executive director. “As we embark on this historic fundraising initiative, we are inspired by the generosity and compassion of our supporters. Together, we can make a profound difference in the lives of those facing adversity, demonstrating the industry’s unwavering dedication to taking care of its own.”
      The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.