• Welcome to Auto Parts Forum

Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, X, and LinkedIn. 

Is this truck worth anything?

Hey guys, new to the forum here. I'm trying to get some advice on a truck I just purchased. It's a 1977 Dodge D100 5.9 360 2wd single cab longbox.73,000 original km. Trying to decide if a truck like this is worth a full restoration? Are these a desired truck? Do people ever restore them? Or are these a dime a dozen sort of deal? Not very familiar with classics and there values. I am a light duty auto mechanic and shouldnt have many problems doing the job. I just want to make sure it's worth the time and money. Any advice would be appreciated!

• 6 months later...

If, to be honest, your choice isn't that bad. But, it depends on what you want to do with that truck in the future. The truck is quite old, so you will need to repair it somehow. Better find some stations which can fix it. And the principal thing is that the probable company that made the truck doesn't make auto parts for your model. Lookup for a used truck and check https://wealthtender.com/insights/money-management/questions-to-ask-when-buying-a-used-car/ before buying something. Let's hope that you will get the best option.

17 hours ago, Eygon said:

If, to be honest, your choice isn't that bad. But, it depends on what you want to do with that truck in the future. The truck is quite old, so you will need to repair it somehow. Better find some stations which can fix it. And the principal thing is that the probable company that made the truck doesn't make auto parts for your model. Lookup for a used truck and check

link hidden, please login to view
before buying something. Let's hope that you will get the best option.

If one of you has questions, visit 

• 4 months later...

So old and only 73 000 km? This is amazing, it's very rare that you managed to find one with such a low mileage. Usually, trucks which were produced in that year, have at least half a million km mileage. Mine is from the beginning of 2000's, and it's in a very good shape. I found this offer on

, and I am very glad, because I saved a lot of money by not buying a new one. I don't think that it's worth buying new trucks for a cosmic price, when there are so many used, but in perfect condition.

Edited by Sigint

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By HazelAdam14
      Hi truckers,
      I'm always on the road; that’s why I have a dire need for a reliable heavy duty truck repair near me. What I need is quick response time with expert technicians who can handle all types of mechanical issues. So, I’d really appreciate it if you can help a heavy duty truck repair near me. 
    • By Dannytomany
      Good car covers are invaluable and can really transform the appearance of a car. Do you have any brands to recommend?

For now, I use alfa-ways.com and they work very well

• By Counterman
      In link hidden, please login to view, we gave leaders from the major distribution groups and trade associations an opportunity to reflect on the most critical issues affecting the automotive aftermarket. For the second year in a row, we let distribution leaders “riff” on these topics in their own words.
      Here’s what Tina Hubbard, president and CEO of HDA Truck Pride, had to say on one of the most critical issues facing the automotive aftermarket today: Right to Repair.
      Have you ever heard of the Congressional Baseball Game? No? Don’t fret: Until recently, I didn’t either! 
      Established in 1909 and set at Nationals Park, the game features actual members of the U.S. Congress playing America’s favorite pastime. Pitting Democrats against Republicans, members of Congress practice for months prior to the game and positively look forward to this annual charitable event. The halls of Congress are bustling, hotels are sold-out, and crowds of people are drawn to Washington, D.C. You may be asking: What does this have to do with our industry? Well, what a perfect time to meet with Congress and their staff to talk about the most important issue facing our industry: Right to Repair!
      Established in 1909 and set at Nationals Park, the game features actual members of the U.S. Congress playing America’s favorite pastime. You may be asking: What does this have to do with our industry? Well, what a perfect time to meet with Congress and their staff to talk about the most important issue facing our industry: Right to Repair!
      This year’s event took place on June 14, and HDA Truck Pride took full advantage of the opportunity. The Auto Care Association created an opportunity for HDA Truck Pride and Fleet Pride to co-sponsor a tailgate party prior to the game and to meet with strategically chosen Congressional teams. This event gave our industry the opportunity to speak with more than 200 Congressional staff members, with 20 sit-down meetings over two days, about the importance of Right to Repair. Our message was simple and stressed the importance of our industry in everyday life. The simple phrase “If you bought it, a truck brought it” drove the point home and opened candid and lively conversations about Right to Repair. 
      As we met with the various offices of Congress, we talked about the essence of the Right to Repair. Our message was that this is about the freedom of choice and access for everyone. The aftermarket, and especially the commercial-vehicle aftermarket, is a vital necessity to keeping our country moving. Critically important to this industry is “uptime,” and if the vehicle isn’t moving, we’re all losing.
      Coincidentally, while our industry was advocating on The Hill, NHTSA presented a letter to the Counsel for Vehicle Manufacturers refuting the Right to Repair initiative based on safety concerns. The letter was extremely wordy, and we feel misinterpreted the Massachusetts “Data-Access Law,” but most certainly focused on passenger cars and the light-vehicle market. Even more interesting is the fact that as soon as we left D.C., a letter from American Truck Dealers arrived at the doorsteps of the Energy and Commerce Committee strongly opposing the REPAIR Act (H.R. 906).
      Why am I writing about this? Because it’s working! Our voices are being heard. And our competition is ramping up and getting louder! 
      We are stronger together as a united voice. While our opposition is large and has deep pockets, our industry is mighty and massive as well. The only way to win is for every one of us to get involved. You can do this quickly by visiting
      link hidden, please login to view to send a letter to the your local federal legislators and by visiting link hidden, please login to view to learn how to engage on a much deeper level. I implore you to join the industry in our fight to support the Right to Repair. Now is our time! The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
    • By Dorman Products
      How to test for blown fuses in a car or truck | Fast and easy method
    • A-premium Auto Parts:5% OFF with Code GM5.
    • By Hot Ajax
      I have 09 Tacoma.  Their OEM pads are great for stopping power, but they leave a dark residue on the wheel cover.  Any of you gentlemen have any suggs?
      I typically get 4o,000 plus out of a set of OEM pads.  Like I said, they stop good, and they're easy on the rotors. 
      Thanks in advance.