• Welcome to Auto Parts Forum

Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, X, and LinkedIn. 

From Mentorship to Motherhood With Jennifer Gibson

rssImage-572b15702e5afff07060f80a77f14e97.jpeg

For Mann and Hummel’s Key Account Manager for O’Reilly Auto Parts Jennifer Gibson, life is about balance. Balance between two different companies, and balance between work and home. Now, after being with her company for more than 16 years, she is helping usher in a new generation of female leadership in what she acknowledges is a male-dominated industry.

“I am in the early stages of being a mentor to other young women in my company, and I want to make sure I give them the opportunity to grow and give them the best advice possible. And, I realize as a mentor that I’m paving the way now,” Gibson said.

The mother of four children has celebrated her career successes, while also prioritizing family milestones.

“The biggest legacy I will leave behind are my children,” Gibson said. “I’ve made it very clear to them that my family comes first in life. And, fortunately, they’ve always supported that. You’ve got to find a company that supports family and allows you to be there on those important times or important events within your family.” 

Gibson also reveals some of her keys to success and keeping a positive relationship between the company she works with and the one she works alongside.

“Communication is key, and [in] any relationship that you have, it doesn’t matter if it’s with your spouse or with your boss or with your customer or your key contact person, communication is key. And, the way you communicate is even more important,” Gibson affirmed.

Episode Overview

• When Gibson’s passion for the automotive industry began (0:46);
  • Paving the way for the next generation of women in the aftermarket (2:15);
  • Discussing the process and value of mentorship (4:10);
  • Gibson discusses the importance of parenthood in her life (5:35);
  • Knowing when. you’ve found a work/family life balance (6:20);
  • Maintaining balance between two companies (8:15);
  • What Gibson would like to see in the future of the aftermarket for women (11:39).

The post

link hidden, please login to view
appeared first on

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Counterman
      The Auto Care Association announced the addition of Jennifer Keaton as its new director of government affairs.
      Keaton will work within a four-person department advocating on behalf of the automotive aftermarket with federal and state legislators as well as relevant regulatory agencies.
      Her role is critical in ensuring the management of state legislation and regulations impacting the auto care industry, the association noted. 
      “We are very pleased to have Jennifer joining the Auto Care team,” said Bill Hanvey, president and CEO of the Auto Care Association. “Her years of hands-on Hill experience will be invaluable to our industry as we face increased regulations and restrictions on vehicle data access. She is a quick study and has already proven to be a great asset to our team.”  
      Prior to joining the Auto Care Association, Keaton was vice president of congressional affairs at the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. For 10 years, Keaton worked on Capitol Hill as legislative director for Rep. Mary Jo Kilroy (Ohio), senior legislative assistant for Rep. Carolyn Maloney (N.Y.), and legislative aide for Rep. Ron Klink (Pa.).  
      Keaton, a Pittsburgh native, received her undergraduate degrees in political science and international studies and a master’s in international affairs from Washington, D.C.’s American University.
      As the association is the voice of the auto care industry, Keaton said she is “honored and excited to advocate for the industry, especially on the critical issue of right to repair.”  
      Visit 
      link hidden, please login to view for more information on the association’s advocacy and government-affairs initiatives.  The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.
    • By Counterman
      MEMA, the Vehicle Suppliers Association, has launched a mentorship program for MEMA employees.
      The program is designed to help build professional skills to positively impact their role at MEMA and careers in the automotive industry. The new program, called “MentorME,” will kick off with five members of the senior leadership team serving as mentors.  
      The six-month program will include one-on-one mentoring sessions as well as professional-development courses for both mentors and mentees. Focus areas include managing up, presentation skills and the art of networking.
      “MEMA is able to provide solid value to our members because of the talent we invest in internally,” says Ann Wilson, senior vice president, government affairs, MEMA, and one of the inaugural MentorME mentors. “MentorME will guide participants toward professional development that will help them in their current career and beyond.”
      The 2023 MEMA MentorME mentors are: 
      John Chalifoux – Chief sustainability officer, MEMA, and COO, MEMA Aftermarket Suppliers Julie Fream – President and CEO, MEMA Original Equipment Suppliers Paul McCarthy – President and CEO, MEMA Aftermarket Suppliers Collin Shaw – Chief commercial vehicle officer, MEMA and COO, MEMA Original Equipment Suppliers Ann Wilson – senior vice president, government affairs, MEMA To learn more about working at MEMA, visit
      link hidden, please login to view. The post
      link hidden, please login to view appeared first on link hidden, please login to view.