Welcome to Auto Parts Forum
Whether you are a veteran automotive parts guru or just someone looking for some quick auto parts advice, register today and start a new topic in our forum. Registration is free and you can even sign up with social network platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn.
Here we have a full range of auto parts, please refer:https://ecco.com.my/
Ecco Auto Parts Trading Sdn. Bhd. caters for all your auto parts needs, for the makes of Volvo, Volkswagon, Audi and Posche. Whether it is Original Equipment (OE), OEM or aftermarket parts, Ecco Auto will be able fulfill your requirement at the best value.
By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
The most important component of the water pump is the pump shell and the inner parts of bearing and the bearing. To improve the pump, the most important thing is to optimize and improve the two parts. The following is a detailed introduction to the improvement of the two parts.
1. to improve the pump shell. When disassembly the pump to inspect the failure, there are a large number of debris seriously affect the quality of the pump and work efficiency. In this case, we can reduce the two holes used for drainage on the pump shell to one, and remove the drain holes on the upper part of the transmitter. This can greatly reduce the small particles and sundries into the pump, thus greatly reducing the interference of sundries on the pump and the other bad.
2. to improve the bearing. In the case of the failure of the bearing, we are generally sealed, the lubricating oil used by the bearing, the ball of the bearing and the bearing itself. So we should have a solution to these parts
3. to improve gasket. The traditional design is to design the sealing test as a double mouth seal, so the advantage of the design is that two ports are all frictional with the bearing, the roughness of the bearing surface is more appropriate and the wear of the lip is relatively slow; but the disadvantage is that a large amount of dust can be directly entered into the middle of the mouth and bearing, so that the plate will be used for a period of time. The interference between the bearing and the bearing decreases, thus losing the original function of the seal. There are two ways to improve it: the first is the sealing week of the bearing with double, and the sealing area is lengthened properly and the thickness of the chip mouth is thickened accordingly. The method is to change the original double mouth into the three form of the seal and seal the seal. The advantage of this structure is that the outer lip and mouth have increased the seal design, which can resist many dust. However, this method also has shortcomings, the mouth and the reverse cap friction, the surface roughness of the surface of the cover is relatively poor, it is very easy to wear and tear seal test, resulting in sealing failure.
4. to improve the lubricating oil. The bearing of the automobile pump is a more special bearing unit. Its environment is mostly temperature, humidity and dust, and the temperature of the water usually reaches about one thousand degrees, so the lubricating oil of the bearing is required. From our analysis of the fault, the lubricating oil in the bearing of the fault appears discolourable, which means that the grease in the lubricating oil is not enough, so the lubricating oil manufacturer should be required to increase the fat content of the lubricating oil so as to ensure the better protection of the bearing.
5. to Improve the contact ball of the bearing. Balls in bearing are important parts to ensure normal operation of bearings, but there are more and more damage to rolling balls. When measuring the hardness of the ball, it is found that most of the balls do not meet the required hardness requirements, which makes the bearings greatly wear at high speed and finally breaks down completely. Therefore, we should strictly supervise the production quality of the manufacturers, guarantee the hardness of the ball and pass the quality, so that the fundamental problem of bearing damage can be effectively solved.
By 袁春凤 (Tiffany)
Precautions for the installation of water pump
(1) the real reason for the damage of the water pump should be clearly defined. Before the pump is replaced, it is necessary to determine whether the radiator fan, the thermostat and the antifreeze are problematic.
(2) it is possible to have a water pump with similar shapes but only for different types of engines, so the new water pump should be compared with the old pump before the water pump is installed, or the part number of the pump and the model of the engine should be checked in order to confirm whether the selected water pump is suitable for the model.
(3) When installing the water pump, it is necessary to wet the pump sealant ring with coolant first. If you need sealant, be careful not to apply too much sealant. Do not apply grease for ease of installation. This will corrode the sealing ring and cause leakage of coolant.
(4) Do not use the method of percussion pump shaft forced installation of the water pump, should check the pump installation difficulties of the real reason. If the excessive scale in the cylinder water channel leads to the difficulty of pump installation, steel wire brush or fine sand paper should be selected according to the scale situation. When tightening the pump mounting bolts, it should be gradually tightened according to the prescribed torque according to the diagonal direction. Excessive tightening can easily break the bolt or cause damage to the gasket.
(5) it should be emphasized that the belt must be adjusted strictly according to the adjustment specifications for the need to adjust the tightness of the transmission belt. If the pump is damaged in a short period of time after the replacement of the new transmission belt, the tightness of the belt should be checked after removing the cause of the pump itself, and it should be checked whether the belt will always work in the same plane.
By Erica Zhu Feilong Jiangli
According to the cooling medium used, engine cooling methods can be divided into water-cooled and air-cooled.
1. Water-cooled one by one with water as the cooling medium, heat first from the machine to water, by the flow of water to heat away and then into the atmosphere. After heat dissipation, the water flows back to the hot part again. The normal working temperature of the engine can be maintained by properly adjusting the water and cooling intensity. At the same time, hot water can also be used to preheat the engine, which is convenient for starting in winter.
The structure of water-cooled cooling system: water pump, radiator, fan, thermostat, expansion tank, warm air, engine water jacket, cooling pipe.
2. the heat of air-cooled parts is directly scattered into the atmosphere.
At present, most of the cars are water-cooled.
By Mengjuan Zhu
Engine cooling water pump is the main part of the cooling system of automobile engine. Its function is to force the cooling fluid in the engine to circulate in the cooling system and reduce the influence of high temperature on the engine during the working process of the engine. Water seal is the core of the work of the pump. The movement of the water seal itself is very simple, just rotates with the shaft. . Water seal, pump body and bearing are super-hard matching mechanical seals. This kind of seals is composed of static rings and dynamic rings, which are perpendicular to the shaft, and the smooth and straight surface of each other, and do relative rotation. Coolant movement in the pump is very complex, different types of water seals, using different types of coolant, if the water package is equipped with problems, the engine coolant will appear seepage, then the pump bearing lubrication will be washed away, the entire pump function will be invalid.
There are two main types of water seals: one is separated (rotating ring parts and static ring parts are respectively installed on the pump), the other is integrated (rotating ring parts and static ring parts are first installed together, and then installed on the pump), separated water seals are mainly used in larger pumps, now commonly used is integrated water seals.
This car has nothing but issues, now I have water coming in when it rains and my back seat floor is a puddle. Took my spare tire out and have water in there also. Sprayed the whole car down and can see the water coming in when I spray the roof. Looks like it may be coming from the roof rack area. Took the panels off to look and the roof/body seal may be the culprit. Also found a bulletin on this. I ordered some 3M sealer on Amazon so I'll try and replace the seal. Anyone run into this on an equinox or terrain?
By Auto News
Severe weather, unprecedented rainfall and flooding have taken their toll on car owners. Many in the affected areas have driven through high water that may have damaged their vehicles. Even if your vehicle was not flooded or completely covered in water, the non-profit Car Care Council recommends that you follow these guidelines to check for damage due to water intrusion or contamination:
Check interior carpets, upholstery and door and trim panels for dampness. If they are wet, the vehicle needs professional attention. If you simply let the carpet dry, it will quickly grow mildew and give off foul odors. Seat brackets, motors and modules should also be checked for rust and proper operation. Pull the engine oil and transmission fluid dipsticks and differential plug. If the fluid appears milky, diluted, is no longer its original color or is beige in color, then it is likely the pans contain water and the vehicle should be towed to your repair shop. Driving the vehicle with water present may damage the internal parts and require extensive overhaul or repairs. The council reminds motorists that some synthetic differential fluids may appear to be milky, but are not water contaminated. When in doubt, a professional automotive technician should make the evaluation. Check the air filter for water. If it is wet, replace the air filter and change the oil. Check the undercarriage, bumpers, radiator area and frame for mud, grass, dirt, debris and rust. If any of these are present, the vehicle should be washed and cleaned as soon as possible. Have the brake system checked by a professional automotive technician. Check the exterior lights for moisture and water. Replace headlights and bulbs that contain water. Listen for abnormal noises while the engine is running. Make a note of where the noise is coming from and take the vehicle to a professional automotive technician as soon as possible. Have the suspension joints lubricated, if necessary. Many newer vehicles are lubricated at the factory for life; however, these joints should be checked for rust. “It all comes down to how much water the vehicle took in and where it reached,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “By being car care aware and following these simple guidelines, you can help minimize the potential for damage to your vehicle.”
The Car Care Council is the source of information for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers. For the latest car care news, visit the council’s online media room at http://media.carcare.org. To order a free copy of the popular Car Care Guide, visit the council’s consumer education website at www.carcare.org.
The post How to Tell if Flood Water Has Damaged Your Vehicle appeared first on Be Car Care Aware.
View the full article